How many movements in one BM sitting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How many movements in one BM sitting

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2009, 09:05

Yes yes yes !!
Happys wise words stick with me and that is to never sit for longer than a couple of mintues - if it aint happening go back later this works for me Image
Welcome Demian Image Intresting to hear that about the garlic :)

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2009, 11:49

Thanks for your input Demian. I am being treated for yeast-on a 12 week course of once a week diflucan. Hopefully it will help.
I have also found putting my feet on elevated blocks help to expel the stool in one sitting too with less straining.

Postby cherylk » 03 Jan 2009, 11:52

Tootie,
Have you ever tried squatting????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2009, 12:51

Yes, and it was terrible. Just too much pressure on my bottom. It helped expel everything but was too rough. My husband squats and swears by it. It has really helped his hemorrhoids.

Postby Jen » 03 Jan 2009, 14:10

Lecia -
Is your hubby squatting with the natures way bench you bought? I would like to try squatting, but it looks complicated.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2009, 14:33

Yes, he uses the Nature's way platform. But when he goes out of town on business he even squats without it. The platform gets you in the right position and feels secure but it is cumbersome and you almost need a designated toilet for it because it is hard to move. He gave me lessons on how to use it. Isn't that funny? We are practicing pooping?

Postby cherylk » 03 Jan 2009, 14:40

Three cheers for all of the squatters in this world!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 03 Jan 2009, 15:32

Tootie wrote:He gave me lessons on how to use it. Isn't that funny? We are practicing pooping?
Funny having guests over and they see your squatting platform...that's a new way of entertaining the guests - squatting practice Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2009, 19:40

Yeah, it looks extremely odd-quite a bit of paraphenalia for going poop! And for awhile we had a folding chair in there to use to hold on to while he was getting used to it. Great place to have company sit so you don't have to interrupt conversation just because you have to take a dump! Plus our wipes on the back of the commode and butt creams!

Postby demian » 04 Jan 2009, 05:22

So you were tested for yeast already, and the test was positive? Are they treating you for the yeast in the intestines, or for vaginal yeast (it's usually the same type of organism)?
There are different reasons for getting a fissure. For some, the poop stuck near the sphincter is much more of a cause for their recurring fissure than is pressure. Of course, it's best if you can completely empty yourself without pressure.
There are certain signs associated with intestinal yeast. Everything you have described about disconnected, narrow poop fits. To be more graphic, intestinal yeast makes for messy poop. You'll need to use many more squares than one usually would. If these fit, then you'll have to take care of the cause.
Yeast lives on sugar and is helped along by other yeast. One's diet, then, will have to be low on carbs, low on meat, and empty of all canned and processed foods. Mushrooms, alcohol, cheese, these are all heavy with yeast. legumes, brown rice, leafy greens, roots, on the other hand, make for clean bowels.
Most people get yeast infections because general purpose antibiotics wipe out the acidophilus in their systems (is this the case with you? Do you have a recurring infection that you cure with antibiotics, or were you on them before the problem began?) Pretty much the only way to deal with that is to start taking acidophilus supplements (probiotics). make sure you get the high quality stuff, though. i can make a few recommendations. you will know it's working if the quality of your poop changes back to normal within a week or so.
Does this ring true? Let me know how your yeast treatment goes.
Demian.
demian

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion