Mr. Fissure doctor update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Mr. Fissure doctor update

Postby Jen » 14 Jan 2009, 23:50

Lecia - LOL! You are the cutest - I swear! Image
Mr. Fissure - Yeah that story totally amazed me too. It is just crazy how one doctor thought she had hemmies and another doctor suspected something else. I think you did the right thing by going with your gut feelings. This is your body, and you know it better than any doctor. My fissure took almost a year to diagnose because 5 different doctors told me I had hemmies and I needed to live with it. My "gut" feeling told me it was something else and I wish I would have listened to it sooner. Keep us updated - There is alot of advise here for you. When is your next appointment BTW?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Mr. Fissure » 15 Jan 2009, 10:21

Thank you for your advice Jen. I was told to follow-up the first week of next month and I guess go from there. The only thing that I don't understand with the new doctor is if it is a fistula, I read from this forum and on-line that they all need to be treated with surgery, this doctor said after the first exam that he didn't think I needed surgery. I read that fistulas do not just go away, so I guess I will see what he says next round?? Image
Mr. Fissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Jen » 15 Jan 2009, 10:31

I do not have alot of expirience with fistulas, but if you check out some old posts you will see that happyass' fistula healed on its own. I think the number is like 97% need surgery to heal, and the rest do not. So a majority of the time surgery is nessessary (someone correct me if I am wrong). Now, you just have to play the waiting game until your next appointment - I hate that - it feels like an eternity!
Good luck & let us know how it goes!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39