can a healed fissure bleed ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

can a healed fissure bleed ?

Postby gahgah604 » 15 Jan 2009, 08:21

have had my fissure for 3.5 years.
my CRS said my fissure was healed last time I saw him 5 months ago, anyways... I have been on nifedipine on and off for about 2 years. Basically if I stay on the nifedipine... I stay healed. If I come off the ointment, the fissure slowly returns.
Anyway, I had a few days of hard poop and now I have a bit of bleeding. (no spasm, just a stinging pain for a few minutes after a BM) Does this mean I am back to square one ?
I am not ready to commit to surgery because my pain is not bad, and it pretty much stays healed if I keep using the nifedipine. I would rather stay on the nifedipine forever then have the surgery. I have never had surgery in my life and I want to keep it that way. I just do not feel the risk of surgery is worth it now because I am coping fine.
The thought of botox is also gross, I just don't think that is good for you.
I wish they would come up with some new laser procedure or something, like all this technology and they can't heal a fissure without cutting you ? geeesh
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: can a healed fissure bleed ?

Postby Jen » 15 Jan 2009, 10:37

Yeah, it is hard to believe that with all this medical technology, nothing else can be done. Its crazy!
I was like you, my fissure was ok as long as I was on nitro, but when I got off of it, it tore again. In the end I had LIS. Things have not been perfect since, but they are going pretty good.
I don't think your back to square one. No every tare is the same, sometimes you may just minorly scrape it.
Only you will know when and if your ready for LIS. You need to do what works for your body.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 15 Jan 2009, 13:33

I think you can bleed and don't have a fissure. I don't like botox either, and would NEVER have used it for cosmetic reasons, but I have had 3 botox shots to cure my fissure. What choice do we have?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 15 Jan 2009, 15:08

I've had LIS and mine still hurts and bleeds every few weeks, but i had bad spasms so the surgery was worth having to get rid of those.
I dont think you're back to square one, but maybe without some kind of intervention, you might find it doesnt get any better. If you only feel normal with nifedipine, it sounds like the LIS would work for you as its a permanent version of the cream!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jan 2009, 15:53

Well, a laser involves a cut -- just less bleeding and more precise, maybe....
If your fissure "slowly returns" then in fact it never goes away. It is not healing completely. It is chronic, and some people have their fissures for ten years or longer.
It can take up to year or more to heal properly, and while the nefedipine makes the anal canal less tight, in many cases it remains too tight and the restricted blood flow simply does not allow for complete healing. But since you are not in any real pain, you are probably not a candidate for LIS. Maybe some of that "gross" botox, though!
Deleted User 5

Postby gahgah604 » 15 Jan 2009, 17:48

yes it is very frustrating! I was scared of diarrhea before but I think having hard poop is worse ! yikes
I think having diarrhea is not as hard on your fissure then hard poop !
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jan 2009, 17:51

Yes, GG! I would be very, very afraid of dry, bone-hard sh*t!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Mr. Fissure » 15 Jan 2009, 18:30

Hello,
I think you will know if you just have occasional blood or if your fissure has re-tore.
You have to do what is best for you, surgery and short-term pain versus years of dealing
with the fissure. At this point it sounds like dealing with it and using the cream is the best
solution for you now. The longer time goes on the less likely to heal with re-tearing. I was told
I had a fissure 1.5 years ago and did the Nifedipine and had re-tearing when I stopped. Now the
doctor said he can't find a fissure but I have a fistula, equally as painful so who knows for sure??
Either way time will tell and good luck! Image
Mr. Fissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby dano » 20 Jan 2009, 21:42

hey mr.fissure..what are you going to do about the fistula? i too had a fissure heal up only to end up with the fistula which i had to get mine worked on,i had an abcess which was removed then the trac layed open and it healed up.was wondering if you was gonna get yours operated on.
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 21 Jan 2009, 09:00

Well Hello Mr Fissure – How nice to see you there ! That’s a Great pic Image
What handsome fellas we have on this board !!
:shocked1: