its grand to be back to tell the story :)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

its grand to be back to tell the story :)

Postby derryboy » 04 Mar 2009, 06:28

Image Hi guys and gals how are you all, hope you not forgotten me... Image it seems such a long time ago now. i hope all is well with everyone.and ive missed u all Image , and playing the games. cant wait to have a look at how all the games are doing.
i cant really remember where i got to the last i wrote on here so excuse me if i repeat things. Image
ok i told you i had an op for a perianal abcess and fistula, this is still healing and getting packed nd unpacked everyday, i was told 3/4 weeks healing, well it will be a month tomorrow nd still theres no end in sight to this everyday thing Image , but on a good note, i now that used to it i dont feel anything, as they unpack nd pack my xtra butt hole as i call it. Image Image
i got a mri scan & a cat scan, and a colonascope or how ever u spell it, in the end, mri and cat scan should lumps on my intestines, nd the scope it showed an extra fistula, and hemmies, and the fissures. Image so they went in again with a scope two days later after they had given me 36hrs of fasting , drips, and 4 cups of water mixed with stuff called picolax Image Image whoaaaa that works very fast man 3 hrs or so non stop cleaning,by the 4th cup and about 20 times toilet revists it was fluid only but it works so any1 that get picolax stay close to a toilet, and i think 6 fleet enama`s in all the time together in hosi Image they say hold for 20 mins..... Image the longest i done was just under ten mins, how any1 could hold for 20 mins is beyond me, Image
the lumps were 3 polyps.. which were removed Image ... in most cases, polyps do not cause symptoms,, mine though they caused bleeding & mucus within my bowel and after bowel movements. Image and as they were growing larger, Image they began to obstruct my bm`s hence why the movicol wasnt working . so this was sorted i hope, got bms once again everyday, or as i call them thick mud , but hey everyones is happy at thick mud for the now. Image wen i passed my first bm the whole ward started to clap :oops: so thats ok for now gotta go back for a check to make sure there not coming back or something ... god i pray they wont, god i pray.
after about 5 days of that op i got sent down again Image ... this time for a hemorhoidecomy.. spelling... my hemmies had to be removed... now i can say thats painfull Image Image Image . for 6 days i lay on my side or my tummy or sat on a beanbag thingy Image , but i got oralmorph, not high dose but enugh to take the edge off but still able to feel things. going for a bm was so scary. but i done it... it was like the first 2/3 times but i gues taking 2/3 movicol aday help nd nice hot butt showers i got, as i am still not allowed in the bath..
so am at the stage where now i just still got the 2 active fissures, which i must admit at the mo seem to have calmed down, but will wait nd see wont get my hopes up, but ave been told if they become bothersum, they will be dealt with not a problem...mr smiths words not mine ,we are like best buddies, i thnk he knows my butt better than my face Image ,
the fistulas will be dealt with as soon as my abcess open wound has healed, but thats a day thing and 2/3 days worth of mild pain so ive been told, so not to concerened about that....
so to wrap things up, hemmie fingers x, gone, pain still there but very mild.
bm`s everyday thick mud but again everyone happy, so i am to,
fissures still active but been promised they wont let me suffer with them to long
fistulas getting sorted within the next 2 months
movicol 2 aday until told other wise, paracetamol 4 /6 aday
anoheal 4 x aday,
distric nurses in every morning to unpack and repack my xtra buut hole
on a lighter note a very :oops: :oops: thing happen while in hosi, very very :oops: :oops:
the crs etc had just be round, doing there stuff, u know digits etc, and the nurse was also there waiting to put in a clean packing.... well did i not sneeze and omg wot happened ....... :oops: :oops: the packing that was in bloody flew out :oops: :oops: it all went very quiet then mr smith goes oooooo that saves you a job nurse, are u in a darts team darren :oops: :oops: . i grabbed the cover and hid my head :oops: :oops: why me why me, every1 was laughing, me i was i could still here them all laugh at the ward desk. ... buttts who bloody needs the rascals.....
dont think ave missed anything if i have i will let you know lol
take care you gd sexy bunch
derryboy Image
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Re: its grand to be back to tell the story :)

Postby cherylk » 04 Mar 2009, 06:58

Hey Dazzy,
Well, we didn't forget you--especially Tab and I. We have routinely been asking each other, "Wonder what is going on with Dazzy?" At least you finally got some answers/solutions to your digestive probs and hopefully are on the mend. Glad you have Mr. Smith as Tab has lots of confidence in him. Tab recently gave me a better weblink for my friend Dwight to use, and this is what he said after his last visit to this website:
Hey, Cheryl,

It worked, and once again I think you all make a great support and resource for each other. Not only that, but the compassion and concern speaks well for all your personalities. You people are great!

Dwight
Proverbs 17:22

I'll share your update with him.
Lastly, you have made computer preparations for Grumpster, so soon you will hopefully we able to take him around Scotland to visit beautiful, picturesque, and exciting places. We've missed you!! Image
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 04 Mar 2009, 07:34

Awww Dazzy Image
We have missed you and I am so relived to hear your are OK Image
You have had the worst time just lately Image
I am so pleased your care continued with Mr Smith he is a great surgeon !
It sure sounds like he has plans for your butt and that is good news , some light at the end of the tunnel atlast !
Mr Smith has a great sense of humour, I could vision him now having a chuckle – darts team indeed ! I know its embarrassing but probley not the first time it has happened ! :roll:
How do you feel now ? Are you active Darren or still resting ?
Its great to have you back safe and sound Image

Postby Guest » 04 Mar 2009, 08:11

I am so glad to hear from you. I know we have all ben wondering what happened and figured they ended up keeping you in the hospital. Man, you sure had a lot of work done. But I am glad they finally figured out what was wrong and you are able to go to the bathroom again.
I had to LOL when I read about the packing coming out when you sneezed. You may have found a new niche!
Well, again so relieved to hear that you made it back okay. I hope things go smoothly from here on out. I had a hemorrhoidectomy so know that is no walk in the park, my friend. You hang in there.
Toots Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Mar 2009, 11:09

Welcome back, Darren, looks like you are finally getting the treatment and attention you deserve!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 05 Mar 2009, 02:23

Image welcome back Dazzy. Sounds like you've been through another complete nightmare. I hope you feel better and get well very soon. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 05 Mar 2009, 02:35

That was a lot Darren, you are strong Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 05 Mar 2009, 04:53

Youve gone through a lot.Hope it all ends soon for you
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby derryboy » 06 Mar 2009, 10:29

hiyaaaa folks, thanks for all ur kind messages of support.
my bum area is still very tender, and i can walk, stand,sit to long, so am in bed a most of the day,
ive got tramadol, but tbh they make me feel so bad, so i try nd stick to paracetamol, but needs must so i do at times ended up taking just one tramadol to take the edge off. which works must still leaves me feeling very sickly.
i take 2 movicol aday, morning nd night, one of the doctors told me to mix it with fresh pineapple juice, which trust me makes it easier to drink, nd also i find makes it work better,
i was a little bit worried that most of the time i was going to the toilet 2/3 times aday, and it sounds yuck but it was like thick mud that was moving through.
the docs though said that was fine, as long as its not like choc drink ..yuck again i know.. sorry.. and its better than being to soild... he said better mud best to be in between...
i have tried to go down to one movicol but at the mo t dont do much apart from give me gas lol, so for now two it is, nd live with my mud huts lol,
the hosi showed me how to wipe my butt, lol, wen its mud like as u can imaagine theres a mess left behind lol, so i wipe twice, then go in to the shower, use the shower head, then take off the shower head and gently very gently use the hose only , which i was told is good for my fissures to, so i must have the cleanest butt in the uk lol,
i got an mri scan appt through, it on the 23 march, this is to see how the fistulas are acting, and just to recheck the bowel as a whole, so reallty though the 2 fs to go fistulas and fissures.
so thanks you bunch if i could hg you all proper i would. you were all such a huge and still are a support to me through the tough times. that i will not forget never.
Image Image Image love you alll
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 06 Mar 2009, 10:54

We are glad you are back, Dazzy. Now we don't have to wonder what is going on with you because you are posting! Image You need to heal up so you can have the Grumpster come visit and take him out and about and then post pictures!! Image
Sending you the Scottish flag with good wishes: Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46