Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new member

Postby Lee » 11 Apr 2009, 19:53

Hi KerrBear,
I don't know if the Dr has done an anal Manometry test.
But I wil definitely get one if he hasn't! But not until this fissure clears up, don't want anything there at the moment Image I've noticed the spasms aren't over doing it this time so the surgery must have worked. My sister says mine often seem to occur when Im a little stressed, so Im going to start doing yoga! Image
Ive been reading through the forum. The bravery and persistance of everyone is astounding Image It's wonderful that you are feeling much better Image
Lee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby cherylk » 12 Apr 2009, 05:27

Hi Lee,
Once again, glad to have you here. Happy Easter! :easterbsket: Where in Australia do you live???
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 12 Apr 2009, 08:21

That is great that the spasms aren't doing a number on you. That would indicate that the LIS did work and that you should be getting enough blood flow to heal down there again.

Postby KerrBear » 12 Apr 2009, 18:44

Lee- trust me you would know if you had an Anal Manometry....and they do it even if you have a fissure....it is not a fun test. But the fact that you are not having spasms are good. And yes-stress really played a big part in my fissures. I was told to give up running and weight lifting also. So - it is one month today since my surgery and I just got the ok to take long walks. Yoga will be my thing too.. take care! Kerri
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby cherylk » 13 Apr 2009, 05:47

Kerri,
I bet you could do Tai Chi also if you want to--supposed to be meditative and relaxing.
cherylk
VIP

Postby small_flower » 13 Apr 2009, 07:28

Hi Lee,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time. We would all be a lot better off if our behinds would leave us alone right?
I wish you the best of luck. Things seem so much better once you have a support network to talk to, so use us often.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 14 Apr 2009, 03:46

Hi Lee,
That is a plus that you are not experiencing spasms ! Image
Just do all you can now, I am sure this new fissure will heal as good as new !
I used a cream called anoheal – Diltiazemit works the same as rectogesic but without the headaches I get mine form my family gp maybe that would be worth a try ?
Stress is a big factor so please take time for you , deep breathing works wonders, yoga and walking is great too !
Kerrbear – did you get full on spasms after LIS no1 ??

Postby Lee » 14 Apr 2009, 05:12

Hi there,
Happy easter!
Cheryl, I live in The Blue Mountains which is a bit over an hour out of Sydney :) Where abouts are you?
So I was back at work today. Was rather anxious, getting out of my comfort zone and all. But I was fine. Without the spasms I am healing very well in proberbly half the time it used to take. So that's Image (he,he, love these icons!)
Lee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby cherylk » 14 Apr 2009, 05:43

Lee,
I live in the Midwest--in Illinois. I have not heard of the Blue Mountains. What type of work do you do? Feel free to send me a PM if you like. Sorry you are having probs, but I think it is neat that you are from Australia and have joined the group. I can ask you ????'s about Australia. Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby whyme » 15 Apr 2009, 06:39

Welcome Lee
Understand your pain! For the last two months I have been in severe pain and spasms. Went the the CRD this past week. Glad to hear that my fissure was healed.
I haven't had anymore spasms now for 2 weeks and no pain.
But, I have been drinking 60-80ozs of water EVERY DAY, I have been adding the Metemucil clear fiber to my water too, just started the Miralax. The doc told me to use that, it works, not sure I want to continue using that though, I have issues about using chemicals. Stools have regular and very soft for the past week or so now.
I also added the yogurt with probiotics, I have one each day.
My fissure was caused by the Pelvic Floor muscles dropping, thanks to childbirth.
whyme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4