Feeling so blue today.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Feeling so blue today.

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Apr 2009, 17:25

See my reply on your other thread :comfort:I suspected you might still have a small fissure Image
Image But never give up - there are so many ways you can get better still dear Susy Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 25 Apr 2009, 09:10

Suzy -
I hope you feel better today. is it painful or is it just a burning feeling? I had a burning feeling yesterday, and my hubby had to reassure me it is normal to have a burning BM every once in a while.
I am similar to you in that I never have blood anymore. Just some discomfort every now and again. Healing with a fissure is two steps forward and one step back with some of us. Just look back at how far you have come. I try to remember the days when I bled heavily daily.
Let us know how your doing today. I hope you heal fast!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby suzyljank » 25 Apr 2009, 13:59

Hi, it's a burning feeling mostly after a bm and when I sit down. I swear it feels like another tear but without the spasms. I'm fine when I go to bed at night and throught the night though. I have no discharge from it, could it be a fistula or something or is it more likely another tear. I don't strain to go to the bathroom, my stools are very soft so I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I feel at my wits end with this. Monday I'm calling to make an appointment with my CRS to have him take a look at it. I could deal with a retear if it will heal but the thought of risking another surgery scares me so much. This seems to be an endless nightmare. Last summer I couldn't sit the whole summer and I don't want to do it again. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Apr 2009, 14:17

Yes, you should heal faster if you retear or develop a fissure after LIS. You can be the judge of how tight you are down there, and as long as things still seem as "loose" as they always have post-surgery, then you should heal fine.
I had some very weird pains after my LIS though not much stinging after thw first week.
Let us know what your CRS says! :D
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Apr 2009, 15:01

I wish you good luck tomorrow Image Image Image !!! Do not forget to ask for amnometry test - test to measure your resting anal sphincter pressure. That way there will be no guessing if you are still too tight or not ! There is a special instrument that does that and if your CRS does not have one maybe he can send you to a center that has it Image Also , even if you had LIS , Nitro or Nefidepamine creams can help a lot with speeding the healing process. I gave you some tips of how to deal with skin tags in your other thread( "Scar tissue") - I hope you will find it helpful.
Let us know how it went ASAP Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 25 Apr 2009, 18:32

Suzy,
I can really relate to not being able to sit. That truly sucks.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2009, 04:03

I do hope you feel better soon, Suzy Image

Postby Jen » 27 Apr 2009, 17:02

How are you feeling Suzy? Did you get an appointment with your CRS yet?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby suzyljank » 27 Apr 2009, 17:45

Hi, I'm not feeling too good right now. I'm pretty good when I lie down but when I try to sit it feels pretty bad, like a bruise that aches more when you put any kind of pressure on it. It doesn't hurt to go to the bathroom though. I'm really getting upset. I have an appointment with my CRS thursday. I hope he can find out what's going on and fix it quick. I don't want to spend another summer standing up all the time. Just when I want to give up it's nice that you are all there. Thank you so much Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby cherylk » 27 Apr 2009, 17:54

Suzy,
Let us know what you learn about your situation. Try sitting on one hip or lean on only one. Also there are special pillows you can buy.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46