Juney...don't give up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Juney...don't give up

Postby juney » 27 Sep 2009, 10:42

cheryl i'm sorry for what happened to your mom, but glad they could help her...my grandma had a hysterectomy in her older age, after she'd had all her kids. i'm sooo glad i didn't have to have a hysterectomy. i can still hopefully have kids with one ovary.
i wish the anal problems were just scar tissue but the drs all still see a fissure...and it still feels the same as it always has so i know it's still there. i think the skin down there might be irreversibly damaged from all the creams, surgeries, amount of time i've had the fissure, etc...it sucks. i've got a few appts with new drs coming up next month, unfortunately i had to delay some of them b/c of this surgery.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby cherylk » 27 Sep 2009, 19:35

My mom had a good outcome (finally) as the tumor was not malignant. She (and we) were very happy about that! Imagine being sent home in all of that pain, bleeding internally as the tumor had caused the ovary to twist on its stalk with only pain pills! She is still recovering internally from all of that trauma. Hopefully, the new docs might be able to shed some light on your situation. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 27 Sep 2009, 19:46

ughhh it sounds like me and your mom had the same situation b/c that's EXACTLY what happened to me. i went to the ER for the pain 3 weeks ago and they found a "mass" on my ovary and let me go home w/ some percocet. the dr ordered an MRI which i didn't get for 2 weeks and during that time the mass or ovary or whatever was causing it to twist became increasingly painful. it was swollen the size of a tennis ball! if i hadn't been puking and passing out from the pain i'm sure they would've sent me home and scheduled surgery in a few weeks. i guess sometimes pain pays. LOL how long did your mom have to wait from the onset of symptoms for surgery? thank god my timespan was only about 3 weeks.
juney
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 28 Sep 2009, 05:26

Juney,
My mom got sick (vomited) on a Thursday, and she was originally scheduled for surgery one week later, but there were delays, and she had to have 2 units of blood b/4 the surgery since her iron level was down from bleeding internally from the tumor and twisted ovary. She had the surgery about 10 days after she was initially diagnosed with the tumor. She's still healing internally, but is very relieved there was no cancer. The doc also took our her appendix in addition to all of her female organs (and part of her olatum).
cherylk
VIP

Postby juney » 28 Sep 2009, 09:26

i was really relieved to find out it wasn't cancer also. you just never know...especially with our luck :( your mom sure had it rough. surgery of any kind is scary for the elderly. my grandma had a few nerve wracking surgeries in the past few years and you have to pray your hardest then.
i'm glad you're mom's also on the mend!
juney
King Fissure

Postby pinky » 29 Sep 2009, 02:43

Hi Juney,sorry u r still going through a rough patch on and off.sounds like your cyst twisted.how r u now?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Jo » 30 Sep 2009, 20:49

Hi Juney,
sorry you are still having problems. I also had surgery for a 17 cm ovarian cyst 2 years ago. It was diagnosed one day and I had surgery the next day! I was so scared it was cancer but thankfully it wasn't. I went to the Dr. one day for headaches, and also could feel that my lower abdomen felt enlarged. Luckily he sent me straight to the hospital after my mri since it looked very suspicious.
Praying for your healing and hope you feel better.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby juney » 09 Oct 2009, 08:37

i actually didn't have a cyst. my ovary twisted on itself and with part of the blood supply cut off it just swelled and swelled with blood until it was the size of a tennis ball. so no cyst, no tumor.
i'm recovering well from that surgery (why can't everything be so simple?!) but i'm still dealing daily with the fissure. i read some of my posts from 2 years ago and it was all still the same back then. it's so depressing i can't even stand it.
i had botox shots yesterday. the dr also told me to try balneol to keep it clean and keep a cotton ball up against the anus to prevent leaking and moisture.
apparently i have a huge papillae just above the fissure and he thinks that could be causing a lot of my pain. eventually we'll have to surgically remove that but i've had 6 surgeries in the past 2 years and i'm not looking forward to another one.
juney
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 09 Oct 2009, 09:28

Juney,
Your situation with your twisted ovary sounds similar to my mother's, but she had a tumor involved also, and bled internally from the twisted ovary situation. She had to have 2 units of blood prior to her complete hysterectomy as her blood count was down to 7. Fortunately, you both had great outcomes from your respective surgeries!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Corsi » 09 Oct 2009, 10:45

Hey girls :D
I have been away for a while and am going away tonight, but will check in again tomorrow Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18