Getting frustrated

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Getting frustrated

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2009, 17:27

Juney
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Yes, our situations are very similar and unfortunately I can identify with everything you say! I had botox in 2006 with my first fissure and one surgeon (over the phone when I was sussing out who to see next) suggested I should have it now. However, my CRS is not convinced that is the best way so have been on 0.2% nifedipine 3x/day and aloe vera 2x/day. My sphincter muscle certainly feels much more relaxed with the nifedipine - but still not healing. I take 14g of miralax/day and 6 teaspoons of benefiber.
I saw my CRS (I've only had one thus far as I have found him good) two weeks ago and he said he is totally baffled by my case and has no idea why it is not healing. Next Thursday I see another CRS in another city and will let you know how I get on. Yes, it would be really good to keep in contact as our situations are so similar.

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 29 Oct 2009, 23:05

was the fissure you had in 2006 the same one you have now?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Guest » 30 Oct 2009, 18:33

Nebelwerfer - hi, the chronic fissure I had in 2006 was at the 12 o'clock position and was healed about 2-3 months after botox. The one I have now and for which I've had two lots of LIS surgey is at the same position (as is common). I'm seeing my new CRS in three weeks time for further testing before he decides whether it is save to do a third LIS, botox or something more radical.
Charles

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 30 Oct 2009, 22:38

are you having any problems like being incontinent after you're LIS?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2009, 18:59

"are you having any problems like being incontinent after you're LIS?"
No indications at all after the first LIS, with the second had some wind incontinence and a couple of times small solid matter - both around 3-4 weeks after surgery. Now no sign of any.
Regards
Charles