Getting myself worried

Help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Getting myself worried

Postby Andys89 » 28 Apr 2017, 07:53

Hi all, I'm new here but have been dealing with my issue in and off since last winter. I'm a very fit mom, 41 years old. My diet is very healthy and I either run or do crossfit 5 days a week. Anyway, I've had some small, intermittent problems since I've had my kids but last year I came down with 4 stomach bugs (yes, 4!) and the rest is history. I've had on and off most likely hemmy/fissure issues since then and I tend to exhasperate everything because I'm constantly poking around back there in hopes of making things better. I finally went to my GP last November who wasn't overly concerned (after the old finger in the bum and quick blood in the poo test which was negative) and gave me hydrocortisone suppositories. She said she could order a lower GI scope but also said it was not necessary so I didn't push it (I have had lifelong illness phobia so I really try to be conscience of my inclination to overtest and put myself through stuff that isn't needed). So, the suppositories did nothing but coincidentally to everything, I got a sinus infection and had to go on an antibiotic for a week or so which gave me diarrhea and also completely seemed to heal my problem! Horray!! For 4 months, I felt great and tried to keep things that way. Tracked my fiber, drank tons of water and even through out my arsenal of elixirs! Literally a week after emptying my cabinet, the symptoms came back! I'm so upset.

I have tried everything over the past month to get rid of this situation to no avail. I do not have spasms but it feels like my bum is getting cut every time I go no mater what condition the poop is in(sorry!). It just won't heal! Sorry, TMI but when I've examined inside I do feel a thin ridge of skin that is horizontal and when I go across it, it feels tender. I am also sure that I have a vertical cut closer to the opening (again, sorry!!)

Now after looking online last night, I've scared myself I have a melanoma back there because, yes, apparently you can get aggressive melanoma in your bum or in your nose!! I know I most likely do not have anal cancer because I am HPV negative but now I've read about this melanoma thing and I have completely worked myself up.

Please, someone, talked me down off the ledge!!!
Andys89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3