Botox Update if interested

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Update if interested

Postby suzyljank » 23 Sep 2009, 12:10

Hi, Peachy, I wouldn't stop the miralax altogether. Adding fibersure or benefiber will help you too just reduce the amount of miralax while you're adding the fibersure. Also add the fibersure slowly, it can get you really gassy at first until your system adjusts to it. I use benefiber 2-3 times a day usually mixed in a cup of tea or a glass of cherry koolaid (my favorite flavor) and I take 1 dose of miralax before I go to bed. The more liquid you can drink during the day the better. Fiber whether it's natural or a supplement needs fluids. I also eat a bowl of cereal with fiber in the morning and before I go to bed and it makes a difference. Fiber really fills you up so I don't snack as much as I used too. Remember to give things time. It takes a while. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 13:05

How slowly should i add the fibresure. (i have just had a heaped tsp) I have always tried to eat as much fibre as possible but i have serious issues with food which makes it harder. I have Jordans natural muesli for breakfast and i eat granary bread. I dont like water so i tend to drink flavoured water and alot of black coffee. I struggle to get the amount of fluids i should again this goes back to my issues as i hate the feeling of being full so after i have eaten what i have too there is not much room left but i do try and get in as much as i can. I am bothered with alot of tummy pain (which i have mentioned to my doc countless times but nothing is ever done about it) pretty much daily, it helps if i lie flat on my back for a while and it goes but it bloats up my stomach too and again ive wondered about an intolorence but because of my ED i am not able to cut out foods as i please, at the moment i am not in control of the food i eat as i got ill again, viscious circle really and i am my own worst enemy :( i also chew alot of sugar free chewing gum, could this be contributing to bloating and pain do you think?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 13:07

P.S i know everything takes time, i need to be kept reminded of that as i am a very impatient person Image
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 23 Sep 2009, 13:35

Try adding a dose of fibersure a day for a few days and see how that goes. If all is well increase it to 2 times a day and then you can adjust it up or down. You also don't have to drink all the liquids you need in a day. Fruit is a good source and I know when I was in the hospital they gave me popsicles, as many as I wanted. I don't know if you know this or not but sugar substitutes are really hard on your stomach and bladder. They can cause frequent urination and stomach pain, I got that straight from my urologist. Just take a day at at time. Try not to dwell on yesterday or worry about tomorrow. Best of Luck Suzy.
suzyljank

Postby cherylk » 23 Sep 2009, 13:40

Suzy,
Where do you live in the Midwest?
Jackie,
I take about 1 3/4 sachets of Movicol. Everyone seems to need a different amount.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 13:53

Suzy, sugar substitutes?? would that include sweetners that i put in my coffee and the sweetners that is used in diet drinks?? If so no wonder im in pain, and i do tend to pee loads even if i dont drink much. what about sweetners in low fat yogurts but mainly im not allowed 'diet foods' its just the coffee with sweetex and diet drinks , my fav is diet Irn Bru which is gassy to so only have that occasionally xxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 23 Sep 2009, 16:00

Hi Peachy, yes it would include artifical sweetener in soft drinks and that you would put in coffee or tea. I think there is a product out there that is natural and tastes similar to sugar without the calories made from the stevia plant but I don't know how that affects the bladder. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby derryboy » 24 Sep 2009, 01:51

have you every seen a doctor about stomach ulcers. they can cause the smyptoms you describe. and drinking fizzy juice, and certian foods can cause the pain, bloating you are having peachiee,
even ibs can cause things likethat. bread i had to stop eating even brown it dont do no gd at all for my tumy,
theses above are just suggestions am no expert, only trying to help out a friendly boardie to get some kind of life back.
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Peachy724 » 24 Sep 2009, 02:24

Suzy, its not so much the peeing that bothers me its just the stomach pains :( i'll have a look fir that sweetner you mantioned.
Daz, ive been to the doc countless times about it and nothing gets done, they feel my tummy someimes but thats always the time when im in no pain or bloating so they say they cant feel anything wrong. Ive put up with it for 11 years. I often thought it might be IBS but as im not allowed to eliminate foods from my diet to find out i have to be miserable. When i try and change some foods especially bread my family think its my eating disorder and that im trying to get out of eating, its very hard , my diet is very rigid, i have jordans natural muesli at breakfast (used to have All Bran but that got stopped as there wasnt enough caloriess in it :( For lunch i havr a granary bread sandwich with wafer thin chicken, sometimes plain tuna in brine instead. Tea differs every night but there is a limit i am prepared tae eat. Last night was chicken in a tomato sauce with potatoes. and supper is my nightmare as its so much but its granary toast and cheese, a low fat yogurt and an Ensure. Its alot for my tummy but i was dangerously thin aagain and have to eat this to gain weight otherwise i will end up in the psychiatric unit at Ninewells and i am not missing out on any more of Jazzys life. And for drinks apart from the one ensure i drink black coffee with sweetner, diet irn bru, diet coke occasionally and flavoured water, sometimes sugar free diluting juice and sugar free chewing gum every day. i also smoke aboot between 3 and 10 a day, just depends. Apart from the Ensure, the drinks and chewie are in my control and my choice so i could change that to something else, but i am convinced its IBS, just think the docs dont take me seriously as im there at least once a week, esp recently. And i know you are not an expert but you do know and help alot xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby derryboy » 24 Sep 2009, 04:30

demand your doctor get you looked at 4 ibs.
its your body, your right. if he says no... he`s failing you. and tell him if he refuses you will report him. i had to do that once. worked a treat.
your body, your pain ....remember that.....
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20