Has anyone gotten worse after Botox?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Has anyone gotten worse after Botox?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Nov 2009, 13:21

Hey Peachy, long time no see!
Things haven't changed much following the Botox. My fissure is kind of in a holding pattern (not changing much for the worse or the better) at this point so I guess I can't say anything too bad there. I've had other abdominal issues lately though so I'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow to make sure there's nothing else going on. Other than that, all's relatively quiet on the digestive front :)
Has anything changed with you? It sounds like unfortunately not a whole lot? :(
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Peachy724 » 04 Nov 2009, 14:29

Hey,
I thought i was finally healing but lately the pain is returning, slowly more and more. My mum was saying this is maybe just the way its gonna be, ill always be sore for a while after goin but not unbearable like before, i think though this is just the start again but i dont know :( i give up where this is concerned.
I am glad i called and got my appointment pulled forward, just hope he doesnt send me away saying to give it more time, ive given it FAR too much of my life already :(
Good luck tomorrow and fingers crossed there is nothing else going on for you to deal with.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Nov 2009, 15:27

Thanks, I just started downing the first of the colon prep stuff and am waiting for "things" to happen Image Took today and tomorrow off from work so I'm playing some video games to kill time, I wonder how many levels I'll get through before my bowels start evacuating their citizens...
When is your appointment? I hope you can get some kind of resolution. But to be honest after my own health issues this past year, I'd somewhat agree, maybe a lot of these things are chronic problems for which there's no real cure and there are only ways to manage the discomfort caused.
I have kind of stopped caring about my fissure, to be honest, since it's at least not getting noticeably worse... If my colonoscopy comes back uneventful tomorrow, then I'll be relieved, and if I have to keep taking Miralax for the rest of my life in order to have bearable bowel movements, then so be it, I'll do it until it stops working or a better approach comes along. At this point I don't even know why the fissure is still there, since my sphincter doesn't feel tight at all and I haven't had the truly painful spasms for a while now (knock on wood).
BTW I finally got up the courage to give a few beers a try the other day, it didn't go that poorly at all, my stools were a bit harder the next day but I think that was just because the alcohol dehydrated me some. If things go okay tomorrow I'm fitting to try me a scotch this weekend :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 04 Nov 2009, 16:05

Get that Scotch down your neck!!!!!!!!! hehe we need some respite, i keep having my couple of vinos at the weekend but make sure i take my movical and it dont make no odds.
I was reading back on a post about this Kava Kava, you said you had tried it, whats it like and why did you stop. Although it is banned over here! lol so i dont know if i would get it! xxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Nov 2009, 16:13

Peachy724 wrote:Get that Scotch down your neck!!!!!!!!! hehe we need some respite, i keep having my couple of vinos at the weekend but make sure i take my movical and it dont make no odds.
I was reading back on a post about this Kava Kava, you said you had tried it, whats it like and why did you stop. Although it is banned over here! lol so i dont know if i would get it! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow Kava Kava is banned in the UK? Didn't know that.
I never really used it much, just tried it a few times in extract form and also as part of drinks. This was long before I had a fissure or thought I was even mortal :) I'd heard that Kava Kava was good for mental relaxation so I tried it a few times when I was stressed out. I guess I got some kind of effect from it, but it wasn't too spectacular in my opinion so I never really thought much more about it. I don't know what would have happened if I tried higher doses or used it for relief of fissure spasms though. To be honest I think at the time I was mostly interested in it as some kind of legal euphoria/high more than anything. This was 10+ years ago when I was in college so my recollections of what it was like may or may not even be very reliable at this point lol.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 05 Nov 2009, 06:02

Aww right ,
Its banned i found out cause its been linked to liver damage , i get the impression that it wasnt being used right here by the pharmacetical companies and they bought the leaves and other parts that aswll as the root and it was the leaves that affected the liver. And it was in people that drank and took other drugs too but hey it had me hopeful for 5 minutes! haha
Hope everything is going oky today :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 05 Nov 2009, 07:17

Valerian Root and Passion Flower are good alternatives to Kava Kava. My husband used Valerian capsules sometimes when he can't sleep and says they work really well.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic