So I had my follow up with the doc today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So I had my follow up with the doc today

Postby afugh!! » 13 Oct 2009, 14:41

and it's good news.He asked me how it's going and how do I feel and I told him its been going good except for the minor pain setback I had Friday night but overall the fissure feels better and I've been more mobile than before.He took a look down there and he told me the fissure has healed remarkably fast and it has healed away from my rectum.He told me it's safe for me to stop using the nitro now but personally just to be absolutley sure I won't have a retear I'm going to keep using it for another month.I have another follow up late November and hopefully by then it will be totally healed.This is the happiest I've been in months but I know not to get too over confident so I will just keep fighting on. :D
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: So I had my follow up with the doc today

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 13 Oct 2009, 20:51

Good stuff man! I think continuing to use the nitro is wise for sure. I've heard about so many people retearing that the risk just isn't worth it. Are you still taking stool softeners?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 14 Oct 2009, 01:12

Yeah I'm still taking colace and I'll keep on using it til the fissure is healed then I'm going back to Citrucel s I can begin strengthening my rectum.As far as stool softeners go I'm going to keep using it for the rest of next year just to be sure I don't get a retear.I figure with the nitro I'm going to keep using it til the end of this year to be on the safe side instead of one more month.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Oct 2009, 01:22

Sounds like a plan, wish I'd been diligent and done the same thing :( You really are a night owl too.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 14 Oct 2009, 17:20

Ya I start work in the afternoon and I get off work late but I don't go to sleep til about 3:30 to 4 am.Ya I have had this fissure for too long(atleast to me)so I have plans and goals as far as recovery goes.A couple of minor setbacks but so far everything is going to plan,thats the way you gotta do it so atleast you can feel good when you got some level of control.I've past the six week mark for not having rectal bleeding so thats one goal achieved which is the longest I've gone without bleeding and now I'm pushing for 8 :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist