BM blockage, by hemorrhoid?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: BM blockage, by hemorrhoid?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Dec 2009, 00:06

Hey Nebelwerfer, I'd give it more it more time before concluding anything, but for what it's worth, I feel kind of the same way. I've been using the creams and Miralax for months now and have my good days and bad days, but the ol' rear just doesn't seem to be what it used to be function-wise. For now I'm going to continue with the creams and laxatives a while longer and hope for the best, but I think I'm slowly trending toward LIS at some point myself...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby suzyljank » 01 Dec 2009, 13:05

Hi, try adding benefiber daily plus the miralax. I use benefiber 3 times a day and miralax before I go to bed. I also make sure I eat a high fiber cereal in the morning and a smaller bowl before I go to bed. I eat regular the rest of the day. Drink plenty of liquids too. Give it time. It took me a few months to get the right amount of each and truthfully if I get sick or out of whack it's takes a while to get back on track. Good luck Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Dec 2009, 16:11

I should add a +1 for Benefiber, I bought some a while ago and never took it myself, but my wife developed hemorrhoids while pregnant and has been taking it daily with great success. She had some bleeding and pain during BMs before adding Benefiber to her routine, but since starting it (she says it took a few days to "kick in") has been just fine, and she even gets to eat all the fun stuff like meats and fried foods along with it. Your mileage may vary but I don't think it'd hurt at all.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45