Anyone's fissure bleed without pain?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone's fissure bleed without pain?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Dec 2009, 13:17

So I've been around here long enough where I should probably know the answer to this, but here goes anyway: do any of you all have a fissure that bleeds without any pain?
My fissure has been a strong bleeder at times in the past, but the bleeding has always been correlated with pain. And the bleeding has been very miminal over the last month or two.
However yesterday and today I've noticed a decent amount of bleeding (considerably more so than in recent memory) but very little pain that comes with it. I haven't changed anything diet- or laxative-wise that could account for it. In fact I eat pretty much the same exact things (sandwiches and veggie soup) every single day.
The one thing I have done is taken a low dose of ibuprofen (200 mg a day) for a different condition. I know that ibuprofen is a blood thinner, so I suppose it could account for a bit more bleeding, but it still seems odd that my fissure would bleed noticeably more without announcing its presence through overt pain. Does anyone else's fissure behave in this way?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Anyone's fissure bleed without pain?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Dec 2009, 14:54

I never had that much blood when my fissure did bleed, but I did notice no correlation between the amount of pain I felt and the bleeding. None at all, I rarely had fissure site pain except for the burning at times (mostly just the spasming) but I bled at times.
While it seems there should be a connection between the two, there often isn't which just adds to the enigma that is AF.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 01 Dec 2009, 15:22

NG,
Sometimes I had small amounts of blood with no pain.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby sidra1968 » 01 Dec 2009, 15:41

NG, before I KNEW I had an AF, I bled sometimes without pain...just figured it was an internal hemorrhoid or something (which they say like 50% of the population over 40 has, usually to no bother)
One thing I've come to accept, with these AF's, anything is possible and usually doesn't make perfect sense.
Ready for the BigTen/ACC Challenge games tonight? I think my guys are gonna get waxed tomorrow, but I'll still root with all I've got, cause you just never know, that's why they play the games!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Dec 2009, 16:08

Thanks guys, I think that's the first time I've heard a fissure referred to as an "enigma" -- for some reason it almost sounds like a compliment Image
Guess I'll keep an eye on it and hope it stops over the next few days, the first time I saw the blood I was moderately freaked out because I was *ahem* wiping and it pretty much covered the entire surface of the toilet paper. But it decreased over the next few wipes. I just figured that if I retore the stinking thing I'd feel some pain, but who knows anymore! Hopefully it was just the ibuprofen thinning the blood so it bled more, my GI tract has never reacted well to ibuprofen even before I had a stupid fissure. I guess it could be a hemorrhoid too, my hemorrhoids had laid low for quite a while now, perhaps it was high time they resurfaced, as they say in cartoons, "it's quiet ... TOO quiet" :)
Sidra, I'll probably try to catch the Tigers-Vandy game tomorrow, assuming I can find it being broadcast over here. We don't get many Mizzou games during the regular season. Tonight my Lakers are going to continue their dominance of the rest of the league so I'll probably be catching them instead. Both Mizzou and UCLA haven't looked so good this year so I think the Lakers will have to carry the basketball torch for me yet again this year!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 01 Dec 2009, 16:22

Wish the Bulls were doing a bit better, but they've had the toughest schedule so far I think I read, so...
In case you haven't seen, my guys blew 2 games in the Las vegas tourney..blew a 16 point lead to Utah and lost a heartbreaker to Bradley..BRADLEY!! (Sorry Cheryl)..actually Bradley's not a bad program, it's just an in-state rival and it's a pride thing..
Anyway, bye-bye Top 25..we have Clemson tomorrow (L), Vandy (like you), and you guys on the 23rd..color me worried. Could be more of a re-building year than anyone thought..next year 3 more top recruits come, so it could be a "wait till next year" situation..UGH!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 01 Dec 2009, 19:20

I thought this forum was for talking about AF's! Image
Actually, I could not believe that Bradley beat Illinois. We were watching it on the computer, and my husband was pulling for the Illini, and I was kind of for BU. There is a player now on the BU team from our local hs, so I might start watching Bradley bb on occasion. I guess I was just kind of rooting for the underdog in that game since they had not beaten Illinois since the 70's!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Del » 02 Dec 2009, 07:39

Only a newbie so don't know if this is relevant.
My Fissures start with a BM (took me at least ten minutes to work out what BM meant).
I get no or very little pain sometimes almost like a pin prick although I always know when I am starting a fissure episode.
The pain actually starts from the very next BM.
It is something I dread!
Del
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby sidra1968 » 02 Dec 2009, 08:02

Del , welcome to the board!
So, after this pinprick pain, does the pain get worse with each subsequent BM? Like you're passing glass shards? I know the dread of that! Just curious. Thanks.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Del » 02 Dec 2009, 08:43

Nope, after the first BM which doesn't hurt or only hurts a small amount although I get the bleed, full on pain from the next BM and the throbbing pulsing after that although very little bleeding.
As i said in the other post I feel quite lucky in that my episodes only last two to three weeks
Del
Salt Bather

Topics: 8