Just checking in...post LIS 2 months ago...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just checking in...post LIS 2 months ago...

Postby busymom » 08 Jan 2010, 12:10

Hey all -
Hope your holidays were good! So far, things are still pretty good after LIS. Still some minor itching a few times a week and I had a spot of blood the other day that sent me into hyperventilation, but hopefully it will be nothing! (fingers crossed) No pain though, and that is most important to me. I am going in to see my ob/gyn to see if there is any chance that some type of gyn issue is causing anal stenosis. For all you girls suffering, I will let you know what he says and what happens.
I have to say, as active as I am right now and for how good I feel, part of me is not willing to believe that the pain is completely over. I feel like I am in a "window" of feeling good and that it will all change eventually. I'm not usually a pessimistic person, but I just feel like it could all change at any moment. That being said, I'm very happy that I was able to go ahead and do the LIS and would recommend it to anyone on the fence out there. I guess suffering for so many years will do that to a person!
So...that's the update! I will be catching up on posts around the forum.
Anna
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Just checking in...post LIS 2 months ago...

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 08 Jan 2010, 12:33

Hey Anna,
I was just wondering how it was going with you. Glad to hear things are going relatively well. No pain for a few weeks is awesome. Maybe it'll just take some time for the reality to set in Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Just checking in...post LIS 2 months ago...

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jan 2010, 19:47

Mayor congrats Mom Image Image Image !!!!
Do not worry too much about that small speck - it is kind of reminder that you have to stay vigilant and take care that your poop is absolutely "kind to your butt". Your anus will continue to heal for about TWO years even after fissure closes down - so do not let your guard down regarding healthy diet, no alcohol,less coffee and other possibly constipating things.
I wish you forever healing Image Image Image and I am also glad to hear that you decided to have that LIS done ! You were "too patient" actually LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?