Does this sound like a hemorrhoid?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Does this sound like a hemorrhoid?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 22 Feb 2010, 14:17

Hey guys,
So I've had two fissures since May 2009. After months of nitro and a shot of BOTOX in October, I think the little buggers finally went away around late December 2009. Since that time, BMs haven't hurt, and I haven't seen any bleeding. I was still taking Miralax every day just to keep things soft though.
Over the last two weeks, though, I've had a new kind of rectal pain. It's not like the fissure pain where there's sharp, excruciating, hellish pain during a BM.
This pain is dull, more like a bad soreness. It's only on the left side of my butt. It's there pretty much all the time, but worse when bending over to tie my shoes, sitting on it while driving, and walking up stairs. Sneezing also makes it hurt a lot more. It's bothersome but frankly not nearly as bad as the fissure pain from before.
I was wondering what the heck it was, so I had my wife ummmm "take a peek" and snap a picture (sorry if that's TMI). It looks like there are two little bumps around the anal opening on the left side. So I'm guessing it's a hemorrhoid, probably of the external variety. But I know I've had hemorrhoids for years, and those bumps have been there for years, and it's only itched in the past. It's never actually hurt.
So my question to you all is: have you had hemorrhoids that actually hurt (as opposed to just itch)? And does the pain usually present during a BM, or can it be there all the time, especially when bending over and sitting? I've scheduled an appointment with my CRS for next week but was just curious in the meantime.
Thanks for any info.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Does this sound like a hemorrhoid?

Postby StevePain » 22 Feb 2010, 15:44

Hi NG..
I have the rectal pain your talking about but was diagnosed with a fissure by one GP and hemmies by another even though I think it's bad hemmies, it's a dull ache that is always present 24/7 but made slightly worse after BM, besides the pain the itching drives me crazy and it's very uncomfortable to sit for any length of time, when I pop my finger up there it feels a bit lumpy and sore so that what makes me think it's bad internal hemmies, anyway I have an appointment with a CRS on the 26th of this month, hopefully I will know exactly what's causing this horrible dull ache, my money is on hemmies and if so I want them removing, i've suffered for the best part of 10 years, on the other hand if it's a fissure I will be asking for LIS, enough is enough..
In my experience with hemmies, the answer would be yes they do hurt if they are really bad and no OTC treatment works, i've tried them all, (in my opinion anyway)
Good luck NG
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Does this sound like a hemorrhoid?

Postby cherylk » 22 Feb 2010, 18:43

Steve,
I still like your avatar!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46