newbie here :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 10:40

Hi Everyone!
I'm a 28 year old female from NY who was diagnosed with an AF on thursday 3/18. It all started on 3/8 after a large bm. Went to my primary care doctor and she thought it was a case of a bad hemroid and gave me a referral to see a CRS. I literally went the next day to see the CRS and on the 18th she said I had an acute fissure. I have been out of work for the past 2 weeks and in horrible pain the past week, is it too early for me to consider having the LIS surgery? I keep reading about some people suffering for months and even years? I want my life and my butt back!
susy1113
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: newbie here :(

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 15:19

Welcome, Susy,
Could you have an ointment such as Diltiazem prescribed for you to help with healing and your pain?????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 15:25

Hi Cheryl!
My CRS has given me Nifedipine oint 0.2% as well as Hydrocortisone Acetate 2.5% Pramoxine HCI 1% cream and Oxycodone to help with the pain.
I have been using the ointment and cream since Thursday and the Oxycodone since Tuesday night :( This AF has been a total nightmare.
susy1113
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 15:27

Susy,
Maybe try praying and/or meditating along with sitting in the tub, and know that you WILL get healed--it is just a matter of time. Do you live in the US???
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 15:31

Hi Susy, welcome aboard!!
Personally I think it's far too early to think about LIS as a viable option, most of us on here, have or are being treated with conservative methods first, these can include Rectogesic (nitroglycerin), Nifedipine and Diltiazem, these treatments are all aimed at relaxing the sphincter to promote healing, and the majority of us have been long term sufferers, I.E. 2 years and over, some 9/10 years, sorry to discourage you but a fissure is a very difficult thing to treat, thankfully you're in the right place for help and advice, stick around and more people will help you out.
Best of luck!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 16:10

Cheryl, Yes I live in the US and I have been praying and meditating. Unfortunately I am missing a trip to Italy due to this AF and have been nothing but a sad sack the past few days :(
Steve, I am terrified at the thought of having LIS but I am more scared of losing my job and being in constant pain the way I have been the past two weeks. I can't imagine suffering with this for another week let alone months and years. It's been so deblitating and has completely stopped my life :(
susy1113
Fibre Addict

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 16:30

susy, I can fully sympathize, the pain can be very debilitating, it forced me to give up the chance of a really good job and it does put your life on hold, just keep up with the prescribed Nifedipine, what stool softeners are you using? that's something you really need as anyone here will tell you, not just that but diet is essential too, most, if not all of us chronic AF sufferers have sacrificed a lot of our favourite food for food that is high in fibre, foods to stop are all dairy, red meat, greasy foods, chips and potato chips (all junk foods), eat only wholemeal foods and boiled or steamed veggies and veggie soup, plenty of water and of course - stool softeners!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 16:38

I was told to take either Miralax or Metamucil and to take a fiber pill daily. I have been really good with the "AF" diet and drinking LOADS of water.
I guess I just thought once I start taking the meds I'd be cured. When I saw the CRS on the 18th and told her I had an upcoming trip to Italy she told me I would be able to make the trip. Well not the case!!! I have been out of work and miserable :(
So happy I found this board!!! the only good thing to happen the past two weeks.
susy1113
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 17:05

Susy,
I'll go to Italy for you! Image I reread your first post, and see that you are from NY. :roll: It will probably take a few weeks for the meds to work. I know that it is difficult to be patient with a butt that hurts!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby susy1113 » 25 Mar 2010, 17:09

A few weekssssss!!! oh goodness :( not sure if you noticed I have no patience especially when I'm in pain and not able to live my life.
susy1113
Fibre Addict