I needed a break!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I needed a break!

Postby dee » 05 May 2010, 23:18

luckily, no!
thanks to the goodness of the hearts of the people i work with and work for i get over a week...my surgery is may 10 and i don't go back to work until may 19...i do have to be on call starting on the 16th, but hopefully nobody will call in sick--and i might even be able to switch weeks with one of my coworkers...
i'm very excited to have the time off...the first app't i had with the doc he said i would be good in a few days...this time he said i needed a week so i had to scramble to get things in place...
i'll give report when i'm out and at least partially recovered :)
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 May 2010, 23:25

Good to hear it :) I was wondering about that timeline for returning to work 3 days later and thinking "wow that's aggressive!"
Everyone's different of course but I had LIS this Monday the 3rd and don't feel like I'm on any kind of trajectory to be able to return to work within a week. Most CRSs I've spoken with have said that one week is enough but I honestly don't feel like it is so far... I bath after every BM (5-6 times a day since I have IBS) and certainly wouldn't be able to sit on my butt for any extended period with how sore it is!
I took this week off and will be working from home all next week, so I'm currently looking at returning to the office on Monday the 17th. Keep us posted on how it goes! Personally I was feeling like a champ the evening after I got LIS (I even called my boss and told him I thought I'd be back in later this week lol) and the soreness didn't really set in until the day after haha.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby dee » 07 May 2010, 01:17

i felt great after my last surgery--no pain at all--but i think it was the extra morophine they gave me after the surgery...
so did your surgery go as expected? sore, eh? what kind of pain meds did you get?
i've been using valium and hope that the doc lets me keep a prescription for it at least until i heal...
hope your recovery goes well and you're quickly back to (better than) normal :)
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 May 2010, 01:36

Hey Denise,
I guess it went as expected. It was my first surgery so the recovery was a bit more involved than I'd expected (I guess the lesson for me is that no surgery is really a walk in the park). If you've had surgery before then it'll probably be no biggie though.
Yeah there's definitely still pain, mostly soreness that ranges from moderate to severe, it seems kind of random. I got Vicodin (the weak 5 mg hydrocodone + 500 mg acetaminophen kind) but have only been taking about 1 tablet or so a day. So far I've only taken 4 or so total since surgery. Didn't take any today, we'll see if that holds up going forward.
Still can't sit on my butt very long, and there's still some mild "soilage" or maybe "discharge" is the right term. I still take Valium too (only a tiny dose though), figured now wasn't the right time to taper off it.
Thanks for the well wishes and hope everything goes well for you on Monday! You definitely seem to be taking going into surgery much more calm and collected than I was haha.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45