Worse than ever and advice needed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worse than ever and advice needed

Postby Lsfb1989 » 29 Mar 2017, 11:49

Flexibke Sigmoid was fine, couldnt see anything. But the fissure is worse than ever. Does anyone else have pain when farting? Even the small amount of opening it has to do for a fart causes pain. I had a look, and the fissure bleeds even when I am not doing anything, just carefully looking and moving the sentinal pile. Please help! Ive started on Laxido once a day to try and help.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Worse than ever and advice needed

Postby Lsfb1989 » 30 Mar 2017, 14:54

Bump
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 30 Mar 2017, 17:13

Yes, when my fissure was bad I had pain when passing gas.

If you're doctor hasn't prescribed any ointment for you, you should ask about nifedipine or nitroglycerin ointment. These are creams you can apply to the area that will reduce spasm, promote blood flow and healing.

You should try and get a referral to a colorectal surgeon if you have not yet seen one.

At home, you can try jumping in a warm bath as often as you can, especially after bowel movements. This can really help ease the pain. I find placing a warm heating pad on the area to be soothing also.

If you don't tend to have soft stool, laxido is a good idea. I'm not sure if it's the same stuff, but I've found restoralax (miralax) to be the most reliable stool softener. If you have a normal digestive system (no chron's or ibs, ibd, etc) you may also want to consider psyllium fibre (Metamucil) along with lots of water, although for some this can bulk the stool too much.

There are some over the counter creams that may give you some relief. I've found polysporin antibiotic + lidocaine to be the best. A zinc cream like zincofax or calmoseptine can also help act as a protective barrier. You may want to apply a bit of that or Vaseline before bms.

I would say the most important thing would be to see a CRS. If topical treatments aren't working for you after many weeks, they can advise you on other steps like Botox or LIS.

Hope that helps!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Canadabum » 30 Mar 2017, 21:40

Just wanted to second all of GilmoreGirl's advice...it's all excellent and great info. And yes...when I was at my worst, passing gas hurt like hell.
Canadabum

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion