I needed a break!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I needed a break!

Postby StevePain » 14 Apr 2010, 02:07

I've just been away for 3 days, needed a break, got kinda fed up sitting around at home all day with a sore a$$ so thought i'd go for a mini break which involved 200 miles of travelling (there and back), I just did the grin and bear it thing even though my fissure was acting up, I packed my Diltiazem, my Vaseline, my stool softeners and once i'd reached my destination I headed straight for the shop and bought some soup and water, there was no way I was gonna risk leaving the diet out for 3 days, the thought of having stubborn BM's while on holiday was worrying, anyway I managed to enjoy myself despite the nagging fissure, I kept my stools soft with the usual dose of stool softeners, water etc, I really thought i'd never be able to travel and have a bit of fun, but thanks to Diltiazem and the other contributors and staying positive i'd do it again...
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: I needed a break!

Postby dee » 14 Apr 2010, 09:33

good for you!
we went to branson a couple weekends ago...we're going to san antonio this weekend....new orleans next weekend...and the last weekend of the month back to branson...i'm not letting this fissure keep me down--luckily i almost feel "normal" right now--haven't used many pain killers for the past two days (only ibuprofen and tylenol)...hoping the trips go well (my hubby Image will be doing most of the driving since we'll be leaving after i get off a 12 hour overnight shift)...
LIS may 10 and hopefully normal will be normal forever!
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby cherylk » 14 Apr 2010, 17:12

Steve and Dee,
Good for both of you to not restrict your fun traveling. I was too afraid to venture far from my home while having the AF since sitting was very uncomfortable for me during that time. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Apr 2010, 01:26

Glad you guys were able to go out and have fun despite the fissure :) That's definitely the right attitude to have! I wish I could be as positive but LIS is 2 weeks away and I'm already kind of freaking out haha. Thoughts of trying repeated Botox injections are dancing through my head even though I know it's fool's gold :)
Have you all tried any alcohol with your fissure? I'm thinking of having a few beers to take the edge off my anxiety but I've only drank once since I got the fissure and that didn't end so well :(
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby just_brit_yaaay » 15 Apr 2010, 09:47

A few should be ok...I dont know, I'm 7 months sober. Getting ready to move this week, and excited I don't have to worry about being in pain on the airplane. WOOO!
just_brit_yaaay
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby dee » 15 Apr 2010, 11:00

not really a drinker--my husband takes a medication that attacks his liver and his doc gets pissed if he drinks one beer (he only does on occasion immediately AFTER he gets his bloodwork done :o
i've never had a drink when i was down and out with fissure pain--and actually, right now--i feel downright normal! hoping it lasts through the weekend
here's hoping that if you do take a drink your fissure shuts up and just lets you have it! Image
dee
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Apr 2010, 12:00

Haha nice smiley pic Dee, I wish I could do that still :) What I wouldn't do to be able to have beer and burgers without ripping my butt open afterward... Outta curiosity, do you still plan on going through with LIS if you continue to feel normal between now and May 10th?
Brit, I'm about 1.5 years sober, but definitely involuntarily lol. So where are you moving to? Leaving SLC for good?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby dee » 16 Apr 2010, 05:19

i'm doing LIS come hell or high water...i've had fissure problems for 13 years...they use to flare up a couple times a year and last for a few days--the last two episodes drove me over the edge...
in the fall i was in bed for 3 weeks straight before it let up...and my most recent bout with it was about 10 weeks (still ongoing, just hardly noticeable relatively speaking)...i have discovered that the best thing for me is vallium...the creams never worked and even when the narcotic painkillers didn't work, the vallium made me feel better...i take 5 mg whenever i'm feeling particularly poorly...
i know it will be painful for a while afterward but i think in the long run it will be better for me...i can't handle any more bouts that last one or two months--i'm hoping it works and i'm keeping my fingers crossed...
maybe i'll have a margarita in san antonio or a hurricane in new orleans in your honour Image
dee
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 16 Apr 2010, 08:21

Good luck with it, Dee!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Apr 2010, 11:41

Have fun in San Antonio Dee, should be fun out there since the NBA playoffs kick off this weekend (hence why I'm thinking about "testing the waters" of a bit of alcohol).
You're a braver soul than I am, that's for sure, going out two weekends in a row and then going into LIS full steam :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure