One more sufferer ...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: One more sufferer ...

Postby Philber » 12 Jul 2010, 16:00

Well, the past few weeks have not been good, fissure-wise. I now have pain for a good portion of each day, every day. I used to have good days and bad days, but now every day is either bad or really bad. When I slip up one day and eat poorly, or don't drink enough water, it doesn't seem to make any difference. Every BM is followed by pain - sometimes an hour, sometimes several hours. As always, multiple BMs result in more severe and longer lasting pain.
My appointment scheduled for July 9 was postponed to July 20, but my surgery is still scheduled for July 26. I have now lost all hope of managing the problem with diet and lifestyle, so I am now just waiting for the surgery. Funny enough, lately I have been hoping the pain does not go away, just so there will be no chance my doctor will not go ahead with the surgery!
I'm anxious about the surgery, of course, but I really feel that I am at the end of my rope. I cannot live like I am now. Accordingly, I am now quite eager to have it done, even though I know it will be awful in the short term.
I will post back after my surgery and let you all know how it went. Wish me luck!
All the best, Philber
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby fire-cracker » 12 Jul 2010, 16:56

I'm sorry to hear that your pain is not getting any better Image I hope everything works out for you with the surgery. Please keep us posted.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby cherylk » 12 Jul 2010, 18:03

July 26th is my mother's birthday; she will be 85 years old. May that be a date that starts your healing process! Many here have been helped with surgery, and hopefully, you will be helped also!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:49

Hey Philber, sorry to hear about the downturn. It's a bummer but unfortunately not surprising given how things often go with fissures. I know what you mean about hoping the pain doesn't go away; it makes jumping into surgery so much easier when you have a 100% justifiable reason for it. I was insanely anxious prior to my surgeries so I know what you mean there too.
One unsolicited tip: wear black pants to the surgical center :) Both times, after I had ass surgery, I came back from the hospital and found that I had unknowingly pooped my pants on the ride home due to my anus being all numb! I don't know if I'm just predisposed to being a bed wetter or anything, but I went 2-for-2 on that front so I'm sure it wasn't coincidence.
We'll be thinking of you on the 26th. It helped me a lot when I was going into surgery to think about my fellow sufferers here who had gone through the same thing, that's for sure.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Philber » 13 Jul 2010, 05:05

Thank you all for the well wishes. It is nice to know that there you are all out there!
Philber
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 13 Jul 2010, 14:28

Good luck Phil, I won't be far behind you, my surgery is scheduled for the 29th, here's to the future with a pain free ass... CHEERS!! :)
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Philber » 13 Jul 2010, 15:46

Good luck to you too Steve!
It will definitely be nice for me to get back to BEING a pain in the ass instead of having one!
Philber
Salt Bather

Postby Philber » 20 Jul 2010, 15:58

My LIS is scheduled for July 26. I had my pre-op doctor's appointment today, and it was very reassuring.
Even though I have been very good about my diet, the pain has gotten progressively worse over the last few months. Now I am in pain every day for most of the day.
The surgeon showed me exactly what he was going to do, and he said that although I will feel surgical pain for a few days, I should get relief from the fissure pain almost right away. He said that in 90% of cases the problem is solved with one procedure. In the few cases that do not respond, the problem is usually solved with another procedure. He was very reassuring.
I am now very eager to have the surgery and begin the road to recovery.
Philber
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 20 Jul 2010, 16:10

Philber,
We'll have to throw an online cyber party of some type after you and Steve both have successful LIS surgeries (and healing). Good luck and best wishes for your upcoming surgery--sounds like you have a good attitude about it!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Sphincterotomy and hemmorhoidectomy four days ago ...

Postby Philber » 29 Jul 2010, 15:51

Hi all,
Well, I had my sphincterotomy and hemmorhoidectomy on Monday, July 26, four days ago. It has been a rough four days, but I am pretty much where I thought I would be by now.
I will post my experience and recovery thread in the surgery forum.
All the best, Philber
Philber
Salt Bather