LIS post-op 3 1/2 weeks

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS post-op 3 1/2 weeks

Postby dee » 03 Jun 2010, 01:06

just thought i'd give a review...i'd tried posting before, but somehow i always got logged out before it posted so now i'm going to try to write this quickly...
had lis on may 10...the day of surgery i was in a lot of pain--they only gave me 4 mg of morphine (i had 10 mg after my previous surgery the month before)...as soon as i got to the car i took 5 mg of valium and one of the percocet i got...i took another percocet that night before i went to bed, and yet another the next day...other than that i've only been using ibuprofen...
the first few days i had quite a bit of swelling and i wasn't sure the plug had been expelled so i did go see my regular doc and she said she couldn't see anything (i just didn't want it to be still in there and for me to get an infection)...
i went back to work a little over a week after the surgery--i used a donut for a couple of weeks but don't need it now...i don't even walk funny anymore...
i've only had ONE bm that sort of hurt--and it wasn't hard or huge, just what i remember as being "normal"...i took 2.5 mg of valium, 2 ibuprofen and i was fine...
i stopped taking all my meds a little over a week ago...i'm even just taking colace every other day or every third day--no extra fiber even--although i do keep a supply of fiber one bars handy...i hardly ever need valium (although i'm keeping them for the rare occasions that it hurts)...i haven't needed any pain killers for over a week--not even ibuprofen...i don't need sitz baths...i keep everything clean and i no longer have to be super dainty back there...
i go see my surgeon on monday and hopefully he'll have good news for me re the actual fissure, but right now i feel better than i have in months...
hope other people are able to find their path to butt wellness Image
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: LIS post-op 3 1/2 weeks

Postby dee » 03 Jun 2010, 01:08

oh, and i almost forgot...in celebration i got buzzed two nights in a row!!! haven't had much to drink in a long time so it didn't take much...and i had no problems afterward! and we had pizza last night...just veggies tonight...tons of them...but pizza last night :o)
dee
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 03 Jun 2010, 01:21

That's great to hear Dee! I'm happy for ya (not to mention very jealous :)) Hope things look good on Monday.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2010, 00:26

FANTASTIC NEWS dear Dee Image Image Image
May you heal completely and forever !!! Image
Just be careful with jumping too fast on "forbidden" food LOL- you need to be careful for 8 mos at least. Your sphincter will slowly but surely become tighter than it is now (over the course of the next 6 mos.) , so what it can tolerate now might be a problem later. Stay safe ; ))) Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby dee » 04 Jun 2010, 03:38

:(
i'm going to return to being a *ahem* tight ass?
i seriously never passed gas before...unless i was in the bathroom...i couldn't understand people who just accidentally "farted"...
now i know what it feels like to be loose, i never want to go back!
i didn't see anything in the literature saying i'd get tight again...will it at least be looser than it was to begin with? i'm so bummed....i love my new butt...
dee
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 04 Jun 2010, 04:10

Ditto to what Fiss stated, and now you can encourage and help others here after you've completely healed!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2010, 12:53

Well, you will not be as tight as before the LIS , but it does get tighter than it is now !
I also miss my loose butt LMAO - was just the greatest feeling Image
I actually completely regained my tightness after my first LIS since my first surgeon was too conservative with cutting and my sphincter healed back without even making a scar tissue. During my second LIS my CRS could not find ANY evidence of LIS ever being done Image and he never saw such a case - just GREAT !!!! My idiotic muscle has supernatural property to heal wound after the LIS and tiny fissure just could not close up forever Image
BUT, the fact that I already had a LIS probably made my second CRS also "gentle " on cutting Image - although he used some special "hook-like" scalpel to tore the muscle strands unevenly so they can not reconnect this time around Image !!!
BUT, again, 2 years after my second LIS , my sphincter is still on the tight side - although now I can heal on my own if I get stupid tear (KTW :luckyeyes: )
I am , of course, an exception for having a sphincter of Tyrannosaurus rex, but butts DO get tighter over the course of 6 mos and just better be careful than sorry Image
Best wishes for continuous and fantastic healing !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby dee » 07 Jun 2010, 09:51

thanks...i posted about the checkup separately...i am nearly 100% healed :o)
i forgot to ask about the tightening thing but i was so excited when the rectal didn't feel like assault that i kind of forgot
i guess i'll enjoy my loose butt while i can Image
dee
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jun 2010, 14:48

YEEEAAAAYYYYY !!!! Image Image Image
Major congrats Image !!!!! May you stay "loose-butted" LOL and healed forever and ever Image !!!!
Thanks for posting to give hope others Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby fire-cracker » 09 Jun 2010, 04:39

dee wrote:thanks...i posted about the checkup separately...i am nearly 100% healed :o)
i forgot to ask about the tightening thing but i was so excited when the rectal didn't feel like assault that i kind of forgot
i guess i'll enjoy my loose butt while i can Image

Congrats!!!!!! That is such great news!!!!!!! Image
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11