Dealing with the frustration...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Dealing with the frustration...

Postby StevePain » 03 Jun 2010, 15:09

Movicol, high fibre intake, plenty of water and POSITIVE thinking have helped me in the battle against my fissure, having tried ALL the conservative treatments of creams and ointments and not getting the result i'd hoped for I thought i'd just go it alone (no creams/ointments) and so far i'm pretty much in control of the pain, it's not easy, but keeping a positive attitude is the best way forward.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Dealing with the frustration...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jun 2010, 15:30

I would say, from my own experience, that while nefedipine (pretty much the same BP med as diltiazem) didn't cure me, it did lessen the severity of my spasms, although it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for it to begin to be effective. I stopped using it once, and the pain levels shot up, so I resumed using it, although I did have surgery within a month.
Under U.S. law, it is illegal to import drugs from Canada. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), however, does not prosecute anyone who imports prescription drugs for personal use. Americans may import up to a three-month supply of medications without fear of prosecution. Though drug companies and lawmakers continue to argue over the practice, Americans are either purchasing medications through valid online Canadian pharmacies or driving over the border, prescriptions in hand.
- ehow website"
Valid, legitimate Canadian pharmacies will require a prescription. If they only ask for you to fill out a questionnaire -- beware! :)
Deleted User 5