Dealing With pain

fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Dealing With pain

Postby Jamesscott96 » 05 Jan 2017, 08:01

Just wondering has anyone else experienced no help with painkillers to the point they have had to resorted to illegal drugs?
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Dealing With pain

Postby LemonMan » 05 Jan 2017, 15:05

Hi James,

Yes I get what you mean about pain killers - they don't work for me at all. I think the lack of blood flow has something to do with pain killers not working effectively. I think doctors in the UK can prescribe cannabis derivatives for pain relief - for chronic arthritis for example. I guess it's a muscle relaxant so makes sense it would help with fissures.

Best, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby chachacha » 05 Jan 2017, 19:59

I have used Percocets, Tylenol 4's, Demerol and Morphine and none had much effect and when they did, it was very fleeting. I'm just unlucky that way. I personally wouldn't try street drugs though, because they can be so dangerous.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 Jan 2017, 10:11

I keep away from any pain relief as I'm so prone to constipation and I doubt I'd ever try street drugs as I'd be afraid of getting ill or something.

I always try to stick to natural stuff and heat packs! but what works for some doesn't work for all.

Hope you find some relief soon

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Jamesscott96 » 06 Jan 2017, 12:38

LemonMan wrote:Hi James,

Yes I get what you mean about pain killers - they don't work for me at all. I think the lack of blood flow has something to do with pain killers not working effectively. I think doctors in the UK can prescribe cannabis derivatives for pain relief - for chronic arthritis for example. I guess it's a muscle relaxant so makes sense it would help with fissures.

Best, LemonMan

i was smoking weed in general and abusing it before i got ill , so when i did get ill it doesnt do much as my threshold is like high , but without it i am in turmoil.

this pain makes me feel really recluse and angry at people , and as the holiday came up i resorted to horse tranqs which omg yes it gets rid of it for like 24 hours in somecases thats without redosing constantly and just riding it down but i hate the trip it is just the numb sensation and feeling of normalnes that has me going back .

i dont have much after pain well none that i wouldnt even notice anyway as im in pain all days most days sometimes i get an hour or 2 but after bm i get bursts of pain than can vannish for a minute then instantly kick in, i am not happy taking K really feel shit about the fact tbh as i had not relapsed in a year prior due to depression not understanding my self etc nothing pain wise. i also find gabapentin help slightly
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13