Dealing With pain

fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Dealing With pain

Postby Jamesscott96 » 05 Jan 2017, 08:01

Just wondering has anyone else experienced no help with painkillers to the point they have had to resorted to illegal drugs?
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Dealing With pain

Postby LemonMan » 05 Jan 2017, 15:05

Hi James,

Yes I get what you mean about pain killers - they don't work for me at all. I think the lack of blood flow has something to do with pain killers not working effectively. I think doctors in the UK can prescribe cannabis derivatives for pain relief - for chronic arthritis for example. I guess it's a muscle relaxant so makes sense it would help with fissures.

Best, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby chachacha » 05 Jan 2017, 19:59

I have used Percocets, Tylenol 4's, Demerol and Morphine and none had much effect and when they did, it was very fleeting. I'm just unlucky that way. I personally wouldn't try street drugs though, because they can be so dangerous.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 Jan 2017, 10:11

I keep away from any pain relief as I'm so prone to constipation and I doubt I'd ever try street drugs as I'd be afraid of getting ill or something.

I always try to stick to natural stuff and heat packs! but what works for some doesn't work for all.

Hope you find some relief soon

FF
Suffering since June 2013 :(

Methods tried:
Sitz Baths
GTN cream - awful migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
Vitamin E suppositories
Tablets (Fiber, Cod liver oil with vit A+D, Multi vits)my + tag excision X 2
Dilatiazem - so far so good.
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 54

Postby Jamesscott96 » 06 Jan 2017, 12:38

LemonMan wrote:Hi James,

Yes I get what you mean about pain killers - they don't work for me at all. I think the lack of blood flow has something to do with pain killers not working effectively. I think doctors in the UK can prescribe cannabis derivatives for pain relief - for chronic arthritis for example. I guess it's a muscle relaxant so makes sense it would help with fissures.

Best, LemonMan

i was smoking weed in general and abusing it before i got ill , so when i did get ill it doesnt do much as my threshold is like high , but without it i am in turmoil.

this pain makes me feel really recluse and angry at people , and as the holiday came up i resorted to horse tranqs which omg yes it gets rid of it for like 24 hours in somecases thats without redosing constantly and just riding it down but i hate the trip it is just the numb sensation and feeling of normalnes that has me going back .

i dont have much after pain well none that i wouldnt even notice anyway as im in pain all days most days sometimes i get an hour or 2 but after bm i get bursts of pain than can vannish for a minute then instantly kick in, i am not happy taking K really feel shit about the fact tbh as i had not relapsed in a year prior due to depression not understanding my self etc nothing pain wise. i also find gabapentin help slightly
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13