Hey hey hey

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hey hey hey

Postby Markie » 22 Jul 2010, 12:10

Just wanted to say hi :)
My story....
I was partying quite hard towards the end of 2009 and noticed a odd pain in what I thought at first was my lower back. Thought I'd just had a good time for too long and some rest would cure me.
Two weeks into 2010 I could no longer walk and the only thing that offered relief was a hot bath. I can honestly say I've never felt pain like it in my life.
Went to a&e, first thing my OH was asked was is he normally this colour? they diagnosed a perianal abscess and was in the operating theatre 3hrs later. Turns out the abscess had burst, week and a half later I was sent home.
It took me about 3 months to recover to a point where I could sit on a train. My work acted superbly offering to put me in the hotel next door during the week, with mid week days at home to see the visiting nurse.
As the abscess burst I was warned from day 1 a fissure may form and sadly it did. This time I went private (UK) to make sure I had the same doc and knowing how painful these things are some privacy.
I had surgery about a week ago to chop out what's left lucky enough he tells me it didn't touch the muscle and cut the full fissure open.
That's about it happy to answer any questions :-)
It took about 3months to recovered
Markie

Topics: 1

Re: Hey hey hey

Postby Markie » 22 Jul 2010, 12:21

Few more things....
Pampers wet ones are your friend can't stress that enough, I never left home without these. Any wiping of any nature or even just to make you feel more comfortable cleaning away any discharge they are superb.
Disposable gloves.
I found when I was having a poo it used to get caught in my fissure aggravating it something rotten. Use one finger to get rid of this you get the idea :-)
Markie

Topics: 1

Re: Hey hey hey

Postby Elfkin » 22 Jul 2010, 13:08

Hi Markie
As a matter of interest what surgery did you have for your fissure? You mention having something chopped out was that the abscess or your fissure (fissurectomy)?
Elfkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 3