Diet question?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Diet question?

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Aug 2010, 15:23

"full bag of dry roasted peanuts"
LMAO Steve, I do not know of should I cry or laugh now since I can "feel " the pain by just reading about it LOL Oh my, well, well LOL, that is one "unforgettable" bag of peanuts for sure Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 27 Aug 2010, 15:44

LOL Fissy, it's laughable now, but way back then it was agonizing, the fibre content in the peanuts made my bowels work like crazy so I just had to go, I kept passing small undigested peanuts with awkward shaped stools, it hurt so bad I was a wreck afterwards.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Aug 2010, 16:07

Aoooweeeee Steve Image , that is just too bad Image
Oh boy - the "lessons" we all had "to learn" :( Just inhumane, really *sigh
I demand from God a mass recall AND compensation Image for all physical and emotional damages !!!!! LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2010, 18:26

Hey Steve,
that is exactly what happened to me 4 weeks ago. Everything was painless, and I thought I was healed(dumb).... At first I ate a few, next day was no problem. So I ate a can of mixed nuts thinking how great it was that I could eat them after months of depriving myself...and then I ate a few baked chips thinking these aren't fried! Ohhhh I had blood for three days straight!!! It felt like a ball of barb wire coming out!!!

Postby StevePain » 28 Aug 2010, 01:39

That's the thing with fissures, they make you believe that they are healed so you slip back into old habits, no two days are the same either, some days there is pain and others completely nothing, they have a mind of their own!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2010, 01:53

Did someone say Big Mac :) :) :)
Dawn, do you like fish? I've found that fish (and other seafoods like crab and lobster) are generally pretty fissure friendly and get you some nice calories and proteins. I was an enormous junk food and fast food consumer before my fissure days, so I definitely had to cut back on those. But I was also a big seafood lover, and have eaten more of it than ever before since being cursed with butt problems. I do alright with chicken as well but it doesn't *ahem* come out quite as nicely as fish IMO.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2010, 06:29

Hey NG,
I hated seafood before this(weird, I know) but my husband was eating crab legs a few months ago and I tasted it and for the first time I thought it was pretty good. I think I will give it a try again... Big Mac sounds better though,LOL