So I just came back from the doctor.....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So I just came back from the doctor.....

Postby cherylk » 27 Aug 2010, 06:19

NG,
Maybe also visualize Rosie O'Donnell in addition to Roseanne Barr. Either visualization would most likely be helpful!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 27 Aug 2010, 16:15

Whoa Cheryl Rosie O'donnell is a good one.She would flat out turn me off Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2010, 01:44

LOL ok I think between Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr, I should be good to go on that front. Thanks guys hahahaha!!!
I asked my wife today and she thinks it's a Filipino thing too. Apparently some kind of rite of passage deal I guess. Man if I were Filipino I guess I wouldn't be having this problem right now Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 28 Aug 2010, 16:37

Lol I wish I were white so I could've had my circumcision right after I was born Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 28 Aug 2010, 17:30

NG,
Glad I could lend helpful support with my idea of Rosie O'Donnell. You had better hope you don't have dreams of either of them while you are sleeping under general anesthesia!! hahaha I must admit I'm not a big fan of either of those people!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 03 Oct 2010, 02:09

Hey dude, just thought I'd see how things are going with the fistula. I recall that you were supposed to get surgery for it around early October. Still happening or did things resolve themselves? Hope it's all good.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 03 Oct 2010, 19:56

Well a week after I saw my GS I went the CRS that you referred to me last year to seek a second opinion and he told me my fissure is not healed yet and as long as the fistula doesn't bother me I should try to heal the fissure first before surgery on the fistula.Sooo I'm postponing it til January.I've been using nitro 2 times a day nonstop for about a month now and I thought things were going good on that front til I re-tore it again today.At this point I'm just downright discouraged this fissure will ever completely heal and both doctors are not recomending LIS.I've been draining the abcess about every two weeks and it doesn't really bother me and for the most part I sometimes forget that it's even down there.I can feel when it's time to drain it when it becomes itchy and I get a little blood when I wipe after a bm and all I do is squeeze it like a zit basically.As long as I can drain it every couple of weeks I think I'm good to hold it til Jan.so I can focus on this damn fissure.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Oct 2010, 12:15

DOH! Sorry to hear, that sucks!
You mean the CRS in Beverly Hills right?
I'm surprised you can drain the abscess yourself. My CRS tried draining mine in the office with local analgesics and it hurt like bloody hell, hence my subsequent trip to the OR. I couldn't imagine just squeezing it to drain it :(
BTW just curious: why are the docs advising against LIS?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 04 Oct 2010, 14:20

Ya I went to the CRS in Beverly Hills.Well my GS don't think I need LIS because he says the fissure is still able to heal itself.The CRS says that it failed to heal properly the first time because I stopped use of the nitro too early.After a month use of nitro last year my GS told me to stop using nitro after a month but I kept using it for a total of two months.I know I thought it was weird myself that my GS would tell me to stop using it that early since most people here use it for 3 months plus.Right now I personally don't think I need LIS myself,even after little re-tears my pain level out of 10 is a 0-.5 at most and it's capable of healing but the problem for me is that it can't stay healed.I had a nice 5 month stretch of it healed this year but I believe my skin down there is so scarred up that it can easily re-tear.Do you think a fissurectomy is in order for me?I feel like taking a scalpel and slicing the middle edges of the fissure and letting it heal from there.Eh for now I'm just trying to stay patient and if it re-tears again after December I'm going to ask for botox before the surgery on the fistula and see if that would help.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 04 Oct 2010, 14:29

Btw NG didn't you go to the CRS in Beverly hills before?The doctors name is Hakhamid or something.I would prefer a younger doctor because he is looks like he is in is late 70's or early 80's yr of age but he seems fairly knowledgable.He told me he doesn't perform surgeries anymore and usually refers patients to a GS.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist