How I healed my anal fissue

Repaying my debt to the community for the support it gave in those days

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

How I healed my anal fissue

Postby healthykat12 » 04 Jul 2018, 20:01

My story started with HPylori which is a bacteria that sits in your gut and kills the eco-system in there. It took almost a year to be properly diagnosed. For the longest time, my doctor thought it was gerd and was giving me medications for gerd and acidity. Had to change doctors to get the right treatment. Treatment involved a very strong course of antibiotics called quadruple therapy for 14 days. It worked. The HPylori was gone but the anti-biotics did a different number on me. During the course of having HPylori and the anti-biotics, my stools were soft and I was regular. No problem at all. After stopping the anti-biotics is when the AF began.
I went to ER as I couldnt tolerate the pain one day. Doc suggested taking Miralax for 7 days and coming back if it didnt work. I took and did the epsom salt bath 3 times a day. It worked and I stopped taking Miralazx after 7 days. Big mistake. The AF returned and I had blood on my tissue this time. Went to a different doc this time who suggested continuing miralax, taking any amount I needed after experimenting with different dosage and times of dosage, said it was safe to be taken for almost a year, sometimes years. Best advice ever for me! It worked! That along with a vegetable only diet (sometimes chicken at the most, no eggs), a minimum of 64 ounces of water (8 glasses), epsom baths and minimum 20 g of fibre from avocado, high fibre cereal and oats everyday). The doc also prescribed nitro glycerin ointment which I think worked too but gave me bad migraine each time and I developed a skin allergy in a week so had to stop using it. I was healed in a few days and then for almost a month I was great. Then I had go on overaseas trip and while returning back I got over confident and honestly, kind of confused with the timing (crossed a few time zones) and ended up missing one dose of miralax. That was hell again! More blood this time. But the same treatment worked for me - Miralax, water, vegetables (and nitro glycerin in small amounts without consistent application to avoid allergy again) and i was good within 4 days. Missing Miralax created issues because of the way that Miralax works. It draws water to your bowls when the stools start forming, which is why I take one cup after lunch and then drink loads of water and then another after dinner. Initially, I started with 3, now I am at 1 and 3/4th cups. My plan is to slowly wean off Miralax and I know I can. So, my advice to all of you is to take a laxative like Miralax that is safe for prolonged use and keep at it even if you are feeling good after a few days. Do not stop it too quickly and do not stop it suddenly. Both can make the AF return. So go slow on yourself. The AF tear is one that takes longer to heal because of how moist the tissue is and you have to patient. It can take weeks or months sometimes but you will get healed!! It's not easy to be hopeful at this point, I know cause I have been there but pick yourself up and have faith in yourself. YOU WILL BE HEALED SOON!
healthykat12

Topics: 1

Re: How I healed my anal fissue

Postby Kingfish » 05 Jul 2018, 11:56

Great advice! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby luna18 » 15 Jul 2018, 22:38

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did you have your fissure?
luna18
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby VABetz » 19 Aug 2018, 01:28

This forum has an abundance of good info......but unfortunately none that relieved the 3 months of torture I endured. I've revamped my diet to no avail. Basically what was inhibiting by healing process was the fact that I would have 4 or 5 pain filled small BMs daily. The continual stess on the muscle/tear would not allow it time to heal. My MD initially put me on nitro-glycerin cream for 6 weeks. A small application twice daily on fissure. No progress at all. Step 2 the MD put me on Diltiazem. A cream similar to nitro and also ineffective. I was a few days from my next step which was a botox shot. Desperate patients sometimes do desperate things. On the advice of an RN, was told to try the oral pill Senna(Senikot). 2 pills a.m. and 2 prior to bedtime.This would enable me to have only 1 or possibly 2 BMs daily. Prior to any further BM I went back and applied the nitroglycerin to the fissure. Low and behold, with the Senna acting as a stool softener and laxative, I was feeling better immediately and beat the fissure in about a week. I'm not a MD and only relaying my triumph over this daily torture. Best to all sufferers.
VABetz