20 y/o male with 1.5 year fissure (Not Healed!)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

20 y/o male with 1.5 year fissure (Not Healed!)

Postby bobby254 » 22 Oct 2018, 19:19

Hi Everyone,

To basically sum everything up, I saw this forum 1.5 years ago when I had my first encounter with a Fissure, and I finally have the courage to make a post. I'm a 20 year old male that is relatively active and have had no history of rectal conditions until about a year and a half ago. I remember the day my fissure started back in February 2017, and I remember passing very Hard Pebble Stools which ultimately caused me to have an anal fissure.

BACK STORY:
My constipation at that time stemmed from a very stressful situation during the beginning of that year, which also led to some gastrointestinal problems such as bloating, acid reflux, and chest pains since the time the fissure started...

Since that day, this condition has honestly torn me up and I never thought anyone else felt the same pain till I came on here. To be honest, I haven't visited a doctor for this condition, EVER, and I think its time because I'm so done with the pain. The first two-three months after the fissure started I was literally going insane, I thought i could never have any control over this condition. However, after about a year, I've managed to put up with this without taking any medication or remedies because I was able to change my diet and exercise whenever I could. Although this lifestyle change works somewhat, the fissure goes away for about 2 months and comes right back with its intense pain. Well, it came back today and I think its time to look into other treatments.

For the past year and a half, I have literally revolved my life around this condition by changing my diet, exercising and going to the gym a few times a week, drinking lots of water, and not straining on the toilet. I have all the symptoms described, such as the Blood Streaks on stool/toilet paper, the burning sensation, and the excruciating spasms and throbbing pains that last hours after my bowel movements. The only reason I feel like my fissure isn't healing properly is probably because of the decreased blood blood, which could be due to my relatively high blood pressure. For this reason, I'm thinking of going to the doctor to get a prescription for Nitroglycerin?, but I wanted to ask if that has helped any of you, because I've heard its side effects cause intense headaches.

As far as my personal life is concerned, this condition has taken a big toll because I've had to limit so many things I do. I'm very open with my Parents and I've told them about my condition since the day it started but there's not much they can do, but they're very supportive and have also made diet changes in our family meals to include more fiber. They've told me to visit the Doctor just like I've told myself, but when it heals I don't feel the urge to go. I don't want to limit and revolve my whole life around just because of some stupid Tear on my anus lol, so any help or advice you guys can give to me is much appreciated. If you guys read all the way through I'm very thankful that you guys took the time to help a fellow out. There's much more to my story, so if you guys have any questions as well please ask.

Thanks again!

:thanx:
bobby254

Topics: 1

Re: 20 y/o male with 1.5 year fissure (Not Healed!)

Postby Vishal » 27 Apr 2020, 21:55

Hey man

Sorry it happened to you too. And at such a young age as well. I had mine when I was 26 and it was really bad the first year and a half. It actually took me about 6 yrs to get the pain to go from 7-8 to about 1 and sometimes 0. I still have to watch my diet. A hard BM can make me sore for days but I have pretty much gotten the hang of it. At first what made it hard was looking back at how it was when I was healthy and contrasting it to how miserable I was feeling. It took a long time to accept and move. I think that mental shift was what was key to me being less stressful and having softer bms. I also used coconut oil with meals and used a herbal formulation called Triphala. Also deep breathing was very helpful to me as well.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2