I Had LIS Surgery 4 Days Ago. Here Is the Verdict.........

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I Had LIS Surgery 4 Days Ago. Here Is the Verdict.........

Postby Guest » 12 Oct 2010, 13:25

Hey AE,
It's good you're going to get that checked out. Hopefully you'll be able to find out exactly what all your doctor did.
I agree about the fiber. I'll try to get it from less gas producing sources until recovery is farther down the road.
As for having a Bm standing, I have read of others who squat, or go in the bathtub or whatever works. It's painful and the normal way we do things has to be put on hold until recovery. It's all kind of like surviving...lol
I hope it's just swelling and you don't have an infection.
I know that sitz baths promote blood flow, but sometimes I wonder if an ice pack wouldn't help. When your ankle swells, you put ice on it?! I remember ice being put on my bottom in the hospital after having babies- to help mild hemmys. Just seems like it would be ok to alternate between the baths and ice pack. I think I will ask my CRS about that.
Good luck and keep let us know how it goes.

Postby americaneagle » 15 Oct 2010, 18:10

Okay.
I had a set back last week and my suspicions were confirmed last Tuesday.
I reported that after my LIS surgery, I had little pain. About four days after the surgery, I noticed that instead of my pain vanishing, it began to increase.
That suspicious lump I was talking about. It was indeed a Perineal Abscess so back to the Emergency Room and this past Wednesday, I went back into the operating room for it to be drained.
It was an outpatient surgery but I made the request to stay at the hospital for the nurses to manage my pain for 24 hours post surgery as opposed to me doing it. The pain was very significant a couple hours after the surgery but the pain meds took care of that. The next morning, the pain was moderate and less than 24 hours after the surgery, I have not taken a single pain killer - not even Advil.
My surgeon said that having an Perineal Abscess after the LIS surgery is rare as only 1 out of every 100 have this complication. Lucky me.
All things considered, I feel great right now but understandably so, I am a bit paranoid about going through this all again. I am taking antibiotics this time around so God willing, this will be the end to my ass problems.
I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon on Monday so we'll see where I'm at in a few days.
americaneagle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby StevePain » 16 Oct 2010, 13:38

Glad to see it's all come good in the end! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45