High fiber=high gas

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

High fiber=high gas

Postby small_flower » 14 Nov 2010, 21:37

Hi all,
Just wondering how you guys handle all the gas that comes with a high fiber diet. Not to be gross, but mine has gotten bad lately. It seems like every time I eat something I have gas for hours afterwards. That being said, I would rather not have to rely on gas-x for the rest of my life. Anyone have any suggestions as to making this little problem go away?
K.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: High fiber=high gas

Postby Guest » 15 Nov 2010, 07:18

Hey Small flower,
I wish I knew the answer to this. It is so annoying... I thought that my body would adjust to all the fiber at some point and this would get better but after 9 months of a high fiber diet, things are pretty much the same as far as gas goes.
I was wondering about your mood "unsure what my butt is doing land". Didn't I read you has LIS some time back and it was successful? Image

Postby small_flower » 15 Nov 2010, 21:12

I know, it is totally annoying,inconvenient and rather gross. I have been taking gas-x, like I said. Maybe I should just try taking beano on a regular basis? I don't know...I've been on this diet for almost 3 years, and lately its just been getting really annoying.
As for my mood, I simply forgot to change it. That was so long ago. Every time I go off my diet, my butt pays for it and what follows is not only pain, but itching and some slight leakage (which causes the pain, which I also don't know how to stop). I guess it could be so much worse, but I can't help but think that this is annoying. Image
Yes, my surgery was successful. As long as I stay on that said diet, I am a-ok. Its just when I stray that I have problems.
K.
K.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby afugh!! » 16 Nov 2010, 16:35

For ladies I can understand how gas is inconvenient and gross.I usually tolerate my gas but there are days which happens about once a month when my gas just goes out of control and my stomach feels like it is going to turn inside out.Small Flower does gas-x really work?Does it cause constipation?I'm willing to try it for those really bad gas days.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 16 Nov 2010, 17:01

I think it depends on the various foods eaten. I'm currently using a new fiber supplement, which seems to be working out fine for me at the moment. :D
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 18:27

I read the other day that pepperment tea or dropping a few droppers of pepperment oil in water and drinking it can help alleviate gas. They also talked about adding brandy to the pepperment tea to help- I tried the pepperment tea sans brandy and it did seem to help. Now I wonder if having some of those pepperments like in restaurants around would be good- I always thought those were for breath, but now I wonder!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby afugh!! » 17 Nov 2010, 00:31

When my stomach starts churning real bad I know bad gas is ahead.I would drink lemon tea with squeezed calamansi juice to quell my stomach and it takes the edge off the the gas.I don't carry around tea all the time so when I'm out and about and my stomach gets queezy I'm in trouble.Had a bad bout with gas 3 days after fistula surgery and I was out of tea so I was pretty miserable.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19