post-op appointment today!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: post-op appointment today!

Postby Bambi » 19 Nov 2010, 18:11

Well Dawn- you seem like a pretty good writer to me! I know what you mean- so many of the things I have seen on the web have been very discouraging and scary. I am fairly certain that my mother had LIS surgery in the mid 80s. I wish she were still alive for many reasons, but would love to ask her about it. It was always a funny story to my husband and I about how we even knew about it. I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but if not, ask me about the "pucker string" story.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: post-op appointment today!

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2010, 12:47

Well, thank you Bambi :)
I was really surprised when my mom mentioned me needing Lis to a friend at her church and the ladies husband had had it 25 years ago. They were actually nice enough to answer a lot of questions I had. Then my son told his dad( my ex) and he told him about there step brother who is 24 now having it a couple of years ago and also his uncle that I knew very well having it done years ago. It's just really not something people talk about but I guess is pretty common and has been. My mom was taking off for my surgery and was talking to her boss at work( my cousin) and a lady she's known for years asked what I was having surgery for and she also had someone in her family who had LIS.... That's just three people who knew besides my immediate family and we found out about 4 people who already had the surgery. Kind of crazy!
I don't remember reading about the "pucker string" story?? LOL