post-op appointment today!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

post-op appointment today!

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2010, 12:42

Well, It's been 4 weeks since my LIS and I saw the CRS today. My appointment was suppose to be at 2 weeks after my surgery but when I made the appointment they said I could go as long as 3 weeks but I some how ended up w/ a 4 week appointment. :roll:
Anyways the good news is Everything Looks Great!! I only have a little soreness from the skin tag and that's it. I feel really blessed to have had such a great recovery!!!! I haven't felt fissure pain since the day I had my surgery.
The crs said I didn't even need to come back unless I have a problem. She see's no reason why my fissure won't be healed in 2 more weeks!!! Yeah Baby!!!
Image Image Image Image

Re: post-op appointment today!

Postby New mum » 17 Nov 2010, 15:39

Thats awesome news dawn! So happy for you.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 17 Nov 2010, 17:58

Dude (or Dudette?)!!! This is awesome news! So tell the truth, did you go have a Big Mac to celebrate :D
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 17 Nov 2010, 19:08

Happy for you, Dawn!! Image I know you were apprehensive about having LIS, so it's great about the good outcome!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2010, 20:28

Thank you New mum, you are on your way too :)
Thanks NG, I'm still scared to eat a Big Mac Image But I did eat a Resee's pb cup on the way home. I've ate a few french fries from my daughters Happy Meal...lol
Thank you Cheryl, I was so scared to have LIS. My CRS told her assistant today that I was crying before my surgery and so scared. She said she told them "hurry up and knock her out" LOL... Then she said "she was crying when it was over, because she couldn't believe she'd did it and got it over with." I told her I expected it to be so much worse than it was! She was glad to hear I was eating again and not in fear of bm's anymore.
I wouldn't want to go through this surgery again but I would do it in a heartbeat before I would live with a fissure for as long as I did. To me the surgery was a piece of cake compared to fissure pain.

Postby Bambi » 19 Nov 2010, 00:20

So happy for you! You give such hope to those of us still on our way. I'm glad it was such a good appointment.Thanks again for all your support.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2010, 05:50

Thank you Bambi. I hope your botox kicks in soon!!
I'm positive that the majority have the same experience that I've had with LIS and just don't post. I kept telling myself before the surgery that if I had a positive experience that I was going to be sure and post my results since I had such a hard time finding them on the internet myself. There were some, but very hard to find... I was so grateful to the few who did post , even if it was a few paragraphs and they would disappear.

My CRS told me before I had my LIS that the majority of people aren't going to post and to quit reading anything but some medical websites she gave me.... I didn't trust her at the time because I had read so many horror stories that I just knew she was another doctor who was making lite of a horrific experience... I was wrong and I kept trying to tell myself that the numbers were too high and the doctors have to be talking to their patients, that this has to work, because they have been doing it for so long. It's not like it's a new procedure. People that I know who had it 25 years ago had the same procedure I did?!!
I am not well read or a great writer but I feel like I needed to give back the support I have been given. I know how scary and painful the whole experience can be with a fissure. I don't want anyone to think it's as hopeless as I did not to long ago.
In my opinion LIS is nothing. Living with a fissure is the hard part!
I'm sure that many heal with botox, ointments, etc and few will post on a forum like this...

Postby PaulsPain » 19 Nov 2010, 08:53

Hey Dawn-
That is awesome news. I am so happy that you are having a great recovery. Image
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby StevePain » 19 Nov 2010, 15:49

Hugs across the pond ~~~~> Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2010, 17:20

Thanks Paul and Steve!! Couldn't have done it without all your support! Maybe I could have but not as calmly and smoothly- with all the good info. you all gave me Image