Healing process question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing process question

Postby datianshi » 18 Nov 2010, 20:27

Anyone experienced the degree of pain is smaller and smaller but the bleeding still exists sometimes. Just wonder if this is in a healing procedure.
datianshi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Healing process question

Postby Guest » 18 Nov 2010, 20:48

Hey there,
I don't want to discourage you at all but I had blood at times when I had very little pain. I ended up having LIS, but guess some of your fissure could be healed to some degree and a little may be still open for you to still be having blood. I guess time will tell, but I would imagine if you're seeing blood, some of your fissure is still open- for sure.

Postby datianshi » 19 Nov 2010, 15:45

Thank you very much for your reply. I've taken the nitro for 5 weeks. I have little pain during BM, no pain, no spasm, no discomfort after BM. I got blood sometimes when the BM is a little bit hard. My Doctor still thinks it's healing and do not want to do anything.
I read from other posts that nitro may cause hemorrhoid, just wonder if it is possible blood from hemorrhoid rather than fissure. Because when I was at acute stage, the blood is just on the toilet paper, but now sometimes it can have drops in the toilet.
datianshi
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2010, 17:16

Hey there,
It could possibly be from the hem.?! If it's the fissure then you probably won't be guessing too long. They will let you know!
How long have you had your fissure before you started using the nitro.? If you started when your fissure was in the acute stage then you probably stand a good chance of healing!
Have you tried stool softeners? There's a lot of good info in the diet and supplement threads on food to avoid,etc...
Good Luck:)
Last edited by Guest on 19 Nov 2010, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo

Postby datianshi » 19 Nov 2010, 18:17

Thanks for the prompt answer. I had a fissure one year ago, had severe pain with spasm (I knew this time). I did not see the doctor did not take any treatment except taking fiber one. It cured in one week and did not get back in 10 months.
I started taking nitro starting from 3 weeks after fissure, after meeting with doctor.
datianshi
Fibre Addict

Postby datianshi » 19 Nov 2010, 18:18

I have not started the stool softener since today, because I worried about being dependent on it. But now I think it maybe necessary.
datianshi
Fibre Addict

Postby afugh!! » 20 Nov 2010, 01:24

From what I've read on the net acute or smaller size fissures tend to bleed more than big fissures.The last small re-tear I had bled more then when my fissure was at it's worst.It could be a good sign it has healed more Image You should have taken the stool softener in the beginning,usually that is the first line of defense against a fissure and with the use of nitro you would probably get to heal it faster.There is no dependency to it,not likely your whole bowl system would just shut down just because you stop using it but more likely your stool will just get harder.If anything it's more of a mental dependency just because you're afraid if you stop using it then your stool will get harder and cause a re-tear.I'm planning to eventually stop the use of stool softeners.As long as I don't have a re-tear within six months I'm planning to gradually lower the dosage and hopefully get off it by the end of next year.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19