Botox update- Day 12

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox update- Day 12

Postby Bambi » 27 Nov 2010, 12:07

So I am off having fun with our friends at the Y camp in Estes Park. We went to the Christmas parade last night and that was fun- although very cold! I wanted to dash off a quick update though.
Starting on Wednesday, I started to get better. This is probably a combo of it being at that week to week and a half point NG talked about. I also started to take 1 teaspoon of Miralax each night dissolved in a warm drink (also from NG!-thank you!). Since then, each day has been better! The Dr. wanted me to keep on the Nefitidine for 2 weeks post any pain or bleeding and today is officially day 2 of that. So thanks for the tips and encouragement because it really helps.
I also upped my Colace to two each night along with the Mirilax. And I have only been having 2 bms a day- so go figure. Dawn, I wonder if it is the lessening spasms that makes me not have that feeling like I have to go so often, but it is just little bits at a time. Anyway- good news. I am thankful!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Botox update- Day 12

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2010, 12:38

Hey Bambi,
Glad to hear things are getting better for you! Yeah, I think the spasms cause the incomplete Bm's for-sure. Ever since Lis I've had normal complete bm's and before I was miserable. I wrote down everything I ate , my bm's, etc...for months and there were days that I would go 7 or more times a day and they were like 1-4" of poop. Once in awhile I would have a complete bm and then if I felt my fissure tear again it would all start all over. I talked to the PA at my CRS's office early on when I first got the fissure and he said the muscle was in spasm and causes that. He said I could set on the potty until the cows come home(basically) and until that muscle relaxed-it wasn't going to happen.