5 hours post LIS, here's my trip report

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 5 hours post LIS, here's my trip report

Postby New mum » 05 Dec 2010, 16:03

Have u had a bm yet, mine came out then. Same here i stressed more about the stuiped thing up my a*s when all the rest. It was a lot smaller then i thought i remembered the dr telling me it desolves.
I had to laugh at ur sleep walking story, my hubby sleep walks saometimes i have woke to him knocking on the dooor wants to get back in coz he went for a walk in the boxer shorts. To this day we still dont know where he went. Oh back then we lived next to a pub hahahahaha
Hang in there u will have good days and bad, bath also when ur in pain it will help.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Cagirl » 05 Dec 2010, 17:35

Yes, newmum, had a bm every day since LIS. Very small and pencil thin and soft, I'm sure you were wondering, lol. Image So I'm not quite sure what is going on. I sure hate to have to go back to the CRS and bare my nether regions again. I really have no modesty anymore, shameful isn't it?
How are you doing and how is your baby doing? Are you up and around? I thought of you the other day. My daughter wants an Angelina Ballerina themed birthday party and of course they don't sell a thing here so I had to order all the party supplies from the U.K. Don't even ask how much that cost and then a tax also on my credit card bill, for an international purchase. My bum hurt so bad then I didn't really care.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 18:50

Cagirl and Newmum, I feel so much for those of you who have this and have small children. It must be so difficult and I'm glad to hear you have help.
I haven't had LIS (at least yet!)- I had botox about 3 weeks ago and it seemed better but now I've had a return to pain and some bleeding. So we'll see...
You sleepwalking stories were funny! I took Ambien a couple of years ago for a while (I had taken it previously only during the week of my mother's funeral). I act pretty goofy, from what they tell me. And my thing seems to be getting up and emailing people and then barely remembering it. It all turned out to be in the funny range and nothing too strange, but I didn't like feeling out of control! My hubbie takes it though and has none of that.
My daughter still talks about the strange email her mother sent her (basically telling her where all our financial stuff was, the safety deposit keys, in case we had a wreck or something on a trip we were taking the next day). Oh cheerful mother!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby New mum » 05 Dec 2010, 19:00

Hahaha bambi the things u do!
Cagirl its been 3 weeks to day and i am typing this sitting on the couch with no real pain, we went shopping for 2 hrs yesterday was a little sore but still ok. I have all that bday stuff to look forward to atleast my daughter cant tell me what she want for a few yrs yet.
My bms were weird to start with and i think a lot of others were as well, so just go with the flow. I alway went twice a day but the last week its only once a day and everything seems ok i have cut my fibre down a little as well. I stressed about everything the first week then 2nd week i was just over it haha. Now i am over taking baths haha. I really cant wait for the day i dont have to bath all the time.
Do u still feel like the padding is still there? I know once i passed the padding i still had heaps of pressure.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 05 Dec 2010, 19:23

LOL NewMum, DH and I were laughing hysterically at your dh's sleepwalking episode! I was choking when I got to the pub part!!
Yes Bambi, this has been difficult beyond words for me and my family. DH is sick today and the kids were sick last weekend and he has been taking care of all of us (he is also a 5 year cancer survivor). The mental anguish is beyond words. Not to mention the financial toll of a full time babysitter. (My mother can't come because she has breast cancer). I have refused so far to miss any of my kids' functions such as plays and field trips. I went on a field trip of all things with one class; took a bunch of Aleve and paid for it from then on. Now I'm on the couch until my daughter's Christmas program which I refuse to miss also. I have two weeks of Christmas break to make up for any setbacks. I have the inlaws coming too. DH's father is terminal with Leukemia and I had to tell them about my surgery so they weren't expecting much of me while here. But I just can't cancel that either. It could be dh's last visit with his dad. It's just full of drama here and I can't even sugar coat anything anymore. It is what it is.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Postby New mum » 05 Dec 2010, 19:54

You poor thing, everything always seem to happen at once. By next week u will see a huge improvement and thing will get easier. By christmas u should feel a llot better and be able to play with ur kids and not in heaps of pain.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 05 Dec 2010, 20:14

Thanks Newmum.
Yes, it is sort of a pressure feeling. Is yours over yet?
Here's hoping we're both able to enjoy Christmas with our babies!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 21:00

Cagirl, I think for sure by Christmas that pressure feeling will be gone. Count weeks, not days and you should see big improvements by week two.

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 21:56

Cagirl wrote:LOL NewMum, DH and I were laughing hysterically at your dh's sleepwalking episode! I was choking when I got to the pub part!!
Yes Bambi, this has been difficult beyond words for me and my family. DH is sick today and the kids were sick last weekend and he has been taking care of all of us (he is also a 5 year cancer survivor). The mental anguish is beyond words. Not to mention the financial toll of a full time babysitter. (My mother can't come because she has breast cancer). I have refused so far to miss any of my kids' functions such as plays and field trips. I went on a field trip of all things with one class; took a bunch of Aleve and paid for it from then on. Now I'm on the couch until my daughter's Christmas program which I refuse to miss also. I have two weeks of Christmas break to make up for any setbacks. I have the inlaws coming too. DH's father is terminal with Leukemia and I had to tell them about my surgery so they weren't expecting much of me while here. But I just can't cancel that either. It could be dh's last visit with his dad. It's just full of drama here and I can't even sugar coat anything anymore. It is what it is.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for all you are going through with the family and all. My goodness!! :(
Take care of yourself though! I think the first few weeks are really crucial and you need to pamper yourself to the maxx to heal fast. I have a six year old and couldn't imagine having a baby or toddlers while I went through this. I was fortunate enough to have my older daughters who are in college to help me out a lot during my recovery. I did go out w/ my little girl Halloween( 12 days post op) and felt pretty sore from doing too much that whole day. So I decided to take it easy from there on. I just didn't want to spend more time recovering than I needed to by prolonging it by doing too much.

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 22:18

Oh Cagirl- That is way too many things going on for you guys! I can relate in several ways- my DH is a cancer survivor as well and in the midst of all my current drama, we had a scare that he might have a recurrence. Thankfully, that wasn't the case, but now he's back on 6 month checks rather than once a year. And my parents are unfortunately both gone now, but both had their cancer battles during the later years of their lives. My only daughter is a young married woman who lives nearby. I understand completely wanting to not miss anything during those younger years. I will be praying for you and your family and sending positive thoughts your way. It is a very good thing that you have gone ahead and had the LIS so you can get on with your life. There are so many success stories that I find encouraging as I probably will be in your post-surgery shoes sooner or later, I suspect! Take good care.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72