Greetings from an Interrupted Camping Trip

How can we achieve long term healing?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Greetings from an Interrupted Camping Trip

Postby TeaTreeSuperfan » 27 Aug 2022, 05:59

Hi everyone! I’m need to this forum, but have had a fissure since 2008. In all those years, though I’ve never fully healed, I’ve only had one flare as bad as the one I am in now (in 2015).

I know how to ease the suffering, how to have good poops, like I said I’ve been doing pretty great for 7 years, but my question remains: how can we help the skin heal more fully so it’s not so vulnerable? We’re all going to have bad days, slip up, etc, but is there a way to heal so those things don’t cause an all-out flare?

I honestly thought I was past anything but a mild 1-2 day flare easily solved, but the last few days having to leave a camping trip early have really humbled me.
TeaTreeSuperfan

Topics: 2

Re: Greetings from an Interrupted Camping Trip

Postby Helpplz101 » 22 Sep 2022, 22:30

Hey there!

I've had fissures since 2016,

I wish I had an answer, but I too have struggled for years. Had one flare in 2016 and now this year in pregnancy. The only thing I can think of is that I must have a propensity to get fissures. Maybe that's the thorn in my side. :(

What are your symptoms? Do you get bleeding?
Helpplz101
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Greetings from an Interrupted Camping Trip

Postby TeaTreeSuperfan » 23 Sep 2022, 06:48

Hello! I’m sorry to hear you’re dealing with these too. I get bleeding, spasms, and sharp pains. This past time I think I was starting to get some kind of infection because I actually got feverish and had cold one night!

That’s when I decided to leave my camp out. Luckily, my friends had an apartment I used to fully focus on healing. I stayed there alone for about 4 days, taking a bath after every BM, using tea tree suppositories, taking triphala and turmeric along with my other normal supplements.

I finally turned a corner, but it was pretty scary and I think this was the worst it’s been. After it started improving, it got better pretty quickly and was completely resolved in about another 10 days.

I hope you can find some relief!
TeaTreeSuperfan

Topics: 2