Sitz soak while camping. Need ideas.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sitz soak while camping. Need ideas.

Postby Bluecat » 21 Jan 2022, 00:42

Trying to come to terms with having this fissure.... We are a huge camping family and Ive been feeling depressed about this fissure.
Thinking I won't be able to enjoy camping because I can't soak in a bath after a BM.

Looking to get out of my sad state and think of solutions.....

I've looked up sitz baths but they all seem to go over the toilet. Is there a product that I could use that would be like a mini portable bath just for my bum? Something I could maybe put on a chair? Haha I'm even thinking of a big rubbermaid tote to sit in, but thought maybe you all would have some suggestions. Thanks!
Bluecat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Sitz soak while camping. Need ideas.

Postby softie » 23 Jan 2022, 13:30

So this is a very makeshift solution, but I've actually used these CVS self-heating eye compresses for when I had to take a long flight.

https://www.cvs.com/shop/eye-press-self ... id-2360005

You don't need to microwave them or anything to activate them. You just snap a piece of metal inside of them and they warm up for about 10 minutes. What I did was wrap one of these in a moist towlette and discretely stick it in my pants to provide some moist heat to relieve spasms.

Once the heat has worn off you won't be able to use it anymore until you can re-activate it (by boiling it in hot water) but if you take a pack with you, you'll have 10 quick and easy sources of heat to use whenever you need.

This is not as effective as a sitz bath, but I have found it does help relieve some of the pain on the go. You can test it in the comfort of your home to see if it helps before deciding if it'll work for you in other places.
softie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Bluecat » 24 Jan 2022, 11:43

Thank you. I'll look into this.
I think I might need a bath still to clean up unfortunately
Bluecat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby Girraphne » 06 Sep 2022, 12:39

This is an excellent idea and for the clean-up you can just bring a jug of water to pour on yourself...I purchased a portable bidet that just plugs into the top of a water bottle. I use it while I'm at work to rinse vs using toilet paper. Here's a link to the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/CuloClean-Portab ... 00&sr=8-14
I'm a camper too and excited to try the eye-press mentioned above.
Jan 2022 - fissure diagnosed, dr said it looked like it was superficial and almost healed.
July 2022- got constipated while traveling, retear.
Working on a diet and bathroom regimen to help healing. Using nifedipine/lidocaine cream and a&d ointment.
Girraphne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Girraphne » 06 Sep 2022, 12:44

Also, what about a 5 gallon bucket that you can squat on with a plastic (over the toilet type) sitz bath!?
Jan 2022 - fissure diagnosed, dr said it looked like it was superficial and almost healed.
July 2022- got constipated while traveling, retear.
Working on a diet and bathroom regimen to help healing. Using nifedipine/lidocaine cream and a&d ointment.
Girraphne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1