Need ideas for healing

Help with healing

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need ideas for healing

Postby Mich21 » 30 May 2022, 23:28

Hi! I’ve had my fissure for 2.5 years. I believe it happened after the birth of my daughter which was at the onset of the pandemic and that just made my body shut down. I’ve never had issues with my bowels before and I’ve felt like this has been a very eye opening and crazy painful experience.
It’s been so rough.. I’ve read everything and anything I could to understand this better and somehow haven’t been able to heal myself. I have discovered though that the supplement L-Theanine keeps my internal sphincter muscle from spasming!! That is huge bc most days of be in spasms for 12 hours. I just started taking it this week and it worked so quickly. I hope that it will help someone else.

I have a few questions, first, my fissure is internal, I’ve managed to heal it on the outside but it feels like it’s constantly healing for a few days then re-tearing. I’ve begun using coconut oil before and after a BM and I’m always doing sitz baths. Has anyone tried H-Fissures? I’ve tried so many things including dilitziam and nothing seems to work. My stools are soft, I take magnesium citrate, and Rutin with B complex has shrunken all hemorrhoids.. it’s just this tear on the left side that won’t heal. My diet is excellent- I’ve always been super healthy and all I drink is coffee and water.. any ideas are greatly appreciated. I’d rather heal naturally but my CRS wants to perform LIS though he has never actually examined me or seen the fissure. (I had another CRS in 2020 briefly look at me and he declared I had a fissure and so the new CRS is going off of my description of the pain) ..
Mich21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Need ideas for healing

Postby Pipyeah777 » 02 Jun 2022, 13:55

Hey, I am currently rly using something called amerigel. I’ve had good regular using hydrogels for wounds, and then found this specific one. My logic is that these hydrogels and this one mentioned is specifically for wounds that won’t heal. Like I’m talking epic but wounds that diabetics get on their feet that don’t heal well or easily. Stuff for deep gash bedsores and the like and my logic tells me that the feet have a lower blood supply also….. so……. To me, a little fissure should be able to heal IF this stuff is good for that and has saved people from losing a limb. Or worse!

Someone said they used it for a fissure that wouldn’t heal, and that was enough for me. I’m in my second day and I can feel like it’s healing. It’s been trying to and has before, but it reopens so easily, so I’m trying this and so far I feel that it’s working. Last night it felt weird like I had a blister on top of the fissure. Mine is external not inside, and I felt like it was scabbing over….. I’ll know in a week where I’m at as it’s too soon to tell, but my logic tells me that IF this can be used for such horrid things like diabetic feet and deep gaping holes in the body, then this should work for a small cut in the ass.

I’ll try anything at this point.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby Dust 2 Dust » 03 Jul 2022, 14:52

Have you tried nifedopine/diltiazem/ nitro? If those don't work I would get surgery and be done with it. You shouldn't have to suffer.
March 2022 Suffered anal fissure.

April-May 2022 Went undiagnosed because GP couldn't see the fissure.

June 1st 2022 Officially diagnosed with fissure by GI and given nefedapine.

July 2022 Botox injection under anesthesia
Dust 2 Dust
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Pipyeah777 » 03 Jul 2022, 15:12

No I haven’t. I don’t want the side effects. I would never have surgery honestly. I don’t think mine won’t heal as it does and has. Have you watched “your friendly proctologist” on YouTube. He says he has t preformed a surgery in over five years. Most so heal, takes time……. I tried using stupid pranicura and I must be allergic to it because I ended up with a water blister on my almost hearted fissure. Pus formed and I was left with a shallow hole. It wasn’t like your typical abscess situation. Third time that has happened since I used it on and off. And never again. Tossed it. It’s almost healed back now. I’m getting a colonoscopy Thursday so I’ll know more then. But yeah, surgery isn’t an option. It’s too risky.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Postby Dust 2 Dust » 03 Jul 2022, 17:40

I'm subscribed to The Friendly Proctologist too. He prescribes his patients diltiazem and tells them to apply it 4 times a day. I learned a lot from him.

Dust 2 Dust
Salt Bather

Postby Pipyeah777 » 03 Jul 2022, 18:39

Yeah he’s amazing. I may try that cream. I don’t want any side effects though. I already take medicine for migraines. How is it for you?
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Postby Dust 2 Dust » 03 Jul 2022, 19:32

Nitro is the one that causes headaches and should be avoided. I suffer migraines as well.

Ive been using nefedapine for 3 weeks with no headaches or side effects. Nefedapine and diltiazem are pretty much the same thing except diltiazem comes as a cream you rub on your butthole but nifedapine comes as an ointment you apply just inside anus twice a day. They reduce spasms and pressure when applied allowing the fissure to heal.

Dust 2 Dust
Salt Bather

Postby Pipyeah777 » 03 Jul 2022, 20:02

Oh isn’t. I’ll ask for the when I get my ass hosed Thursday. It’s healing from the horrible blister I had, after a week of freedom. Like zero itch or anything. I usually don’t have any issues like pain. Not in many months, but the small slit comes and goes depending on sone stupid overzealous thing I do…… I know I can heal it and I’ve not been seen at all by any doctor, just my own research. Seems like it takes forever to get an apt. Been waiting months! I’ll be glad to have this over this week! Just a few more days!!!! Not looking forward to the prep, but I eat so clean it’s not even funny.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Postby Pipyeah777 » 09 Jul 2022, 10:52

OK so I went and had my ass hosed yesterday and honestly it was not bad at all. He said I have a healed fissure and my colonoscopy came back normal and clear no polyps or anything so that’s good. He said do not put any cream on it and he did not prescribe me any cream he said keep taking MiraLAX and take meta-Meusel. He said people get up in arms about feeling like they need to put cream on it when honestly the best thing to do is leave it alone and the best thing you can do is to keep your store soft and increase fiber drink lots of water dietary changes… And that’s from the horses mouth.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict