Feeling really down today- need encouragement

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling really down today- need encouragement

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 10:18

So it will be three weeks on Tuesday since the botox and you know I had a period of about 1 week in there when things were much better. Unfortunately, starting Wednesday, things started going downhill and this morning things were really painful again. I still think the skin tag is causing some of this and wonder if maybe the anal fissure is better than I think. Did have some bleeding Friday and yesterday. Frankly, I'm pretty darn sick of this! It is getting in the way of my holiday efficiency and my life in general. I do have an appointment on Dec 22 with the CRS- I'm wondering if I should just hang in there (my husband keeps reminding me the Dr. said sometimes it takes up to 4 weeks or so) or if I should call his office. I am frankly so busy over the next couple of weeks that I am rather resigned to just waiting and going with the appointment. Any thoughts? I find myself feeling pretty depressed at times...
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Feeling really down today- need encouragement

Postby FissureFighter0122 » 05 Dec 2010, 12:16

Sorry to hear you are feeling down Bambi! *hugs* I know all too well how depressing it is to be in such pain, and to lose faith in the new things you are trying. The Dr said 4 weeks? I personally would give it another week, and then call if you are still not feeling much better. (again, just my personal opinion) I don't have a skin tag, so I'm not sure how that feels, but maybe that is what is causing you the most pain right now. I know others have mentioned how irritated and sore those buggers can be! :(
I hope your being busy for the next couple of weeks can help offer some distraction, and that you'll start to notice a difference soon! I have not yet had Botox, that's the next step for me, so I can't say from personal experience what to expect, or when you should start feeling better, but hang in there. *hugs hugs, and more hugs* I feel your pain, and know how awful this all is, but I just keep focusing on all the great things in my life, and most days that's enough to help cheer me up! We are all here for you!! *hugs again*
FissureFighter0122
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 12:52

Hey Bambi,
I'm sorry things aren't going so great for you right now. I don't know anything about botox, but I did have a skin tag removed. The skin tags are very painful and I felt like much of my pain was because of having it. I'm so glad I had it removed!!
I hope that things will improve for you w/ the botox! That was one of the reasons that I went straight for LIS. I just felt like In the end I would have to have it anyway...ugh!
I want you to know that you still have LIS as an option and in my opinion it is wonderful! Try to keep your head high but know if the botox doesn't do the trick soon, then there is a way out with a lot better #'s than botox.
Take care. I'm sorry you are in pain:(

Postby Deleted User 437 » 05 Dec 2010, 14:30

Hi Bambi,
I haven't had Botox, so I can't relate to your experience, but I have certainly had my mental struggles with the pain and disappointment, so I feel for you, and I wish you the best. :-)
I did have the LIS on Thursday, and I can tell you that so far it hasn't been that bad at all. Obviously it will be a while before I can give a report on full recovery, but so far so good, and as Dawn said it is certainly a good option for you. Hang in there and stay strong!
Deleted User 437

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 18:40

Thank you all for the support. I felt like I was "whining" and I guess I was, but it is so up and down, isn't it? I ithink I find myself just assuming I will need the LIS and feel like I'm biding my time, but then try to stay optimistic. It is so good to hear Fiberup and Dawn that you are both doing so well after the surgery. And I know you are right- the numbers are so good for that. I guess I just don't look forward to the recovery, but was thinking about that today and it must feel quite different because it really does start to go away!
Just to let you know, I actually ended up having a really nice day in spite of several painful bowel movements. We went out to breakfast with our daughter and she and I wrapped a few gifts and then went and had a mani/pedi. I drove her to the airport to catch a plane to Chicago to visit a friend and now I'm home looking forward to some veggie stew and salad and watching the beginning DVD of Season 6 of Lost. We have really been into that and it has been fun.
Coming home and reading such nice entries was a nice end to a nice day- in spite of anything else!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 18:57

Bambi,
It's good to hear you had a wonderful day despite the fissure mess.
I want you to know that I am telling you the honest to Gods truth when I say the recovery was much easier and better than having the fissure for me! Even the first week when you should be the sorest was a relief compared to having my fissure before the surgery...
I am praying for you and I hope that botoxs kick in for you but I really feel you may be surprised if it comes to you having LIS , that it's not that bad... and if you can handle several poops with a fissure and have all the fun you did today, then LIS would probably be a breeze for you. Take care :)

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 19:01

Thank you Dawn! I am so happy for you that things are going so well. You make me feel stronger!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 20:57

Image Image Your welcome!

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 22:19

I like your picture by the way! It reminds me of Colorado
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 06 Dec 2010, 08:14

Hello over here Bambi. I just wanted to find where you were and offer some (a lot) of encouragement for the LIS. Really, my recovery has been very good. This is absolutely nothing in comparison to fissure pain. I haven't had pain with a bm at all and today I'm up and around, so far. The post op pain was a little rough for two days and I think most of it was mental. Now don't get me wrong, the physical pain was bad but it was always looming in the back of my mind that it wasn't going to stop like the fissure I endured for two months of excruciating pain. It is just now a sore feeling like bruising and it's very tolerable. Now I may end up back at the CRS today or tomorrow to find out where the packing went and that may not be on my list of fun things to have done, but again - that pain will eventually go away too I'm sure. And if the packing is gone, well then, this has been really the best thing I could have done at this point. And by Christmas I'm thinking I should be "fine", as fine as fine gets being a few weeks post-op and I know it's a long road, but really I didn't want to risk a fistula or abscess or anything worse. I do hope Botox works for you though. I do read how more conservative treatments should be tried first. But please keep the LIS in mind. I really could be up and around a lot today, but I'm heeding the advice of others here, to take it easy for a few weeks to ensure myself the best possible recovery.
xoxoxo
And think of all the things our dh's have been through. I'm counting my blessings every day.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9