Need encouragement please

Setback

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need encouragement please

Postby ruchgupt » 24 Jun 2023, 14:02

I’ve had 12 days without any bleeding, managing soft stools solely through diet (stool softeners and osmotics in small doses give me diarrhea), and then yesterday, eating slightly more of a certain food, but drinking more water to compensate , this morning I had a BM that was slightly too large and stretched my fissure. I saw some pink on a stool and a little in my wipe. And then when I went one more time, the stinging and soreness during and after (despite the stool being a bit loose and easy to come out) told me I must have aggravated or reopened my fissure.

I need someone to tell me that it’s possible to come back from this and I didn’t set my healing back totally. The soreness and stinging faded after 10-15 min and it was not at ALL like the pain I used to encounter. I’ve been using GTN ointment for ~two weeks and do feel like I’ve been healing. I just feel so bereft that I could end up - bc of one slightly off day where I didn’t even strain - back to square one or further injuring myself.

Any words of encouragement?
ruchgupt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Need encouragement please

Postby Aeric79 » 20 Aug 2023, 00:26

Hello I’m new here , just wondering if you have already healed?
Aeric79

Postby ruchgupt » 25 Aug 2023, 09:16

Unfortunately, no. I have had several re-tears and am in the midst of a bad one right now - loads of blood and loads of pain. Have my 8 week CRS follow up on the 5th and think next step will be Botox or surgery depending on how bad the tear is. I don't want it, but at this point, I don't know what else to do.
ruchgupt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Aeric79 » 25 Aug 2023, 23:52

Sorry to hear that, I’ve been dealing with this fissure for about 7 months , I think I’m finally seeing the light .. I’ve completely changed my diet .. protein shake for breakfast and dinner for lunch is chicken and veggies or just anything vegan .. haven’t had red meat in about 5 months . I used the suppositories the dr prescribed twice a day, and 2 stool softeners a day 1 am and 1 pm .. After bm I get in the tub and after that a heating pad that helps with the spasms. And now I have finally seen progress .. no bleeding and #2 in pain during bm . Surgery has never been an option since day 1 , I wanted to heal naturally . I’ve lost 40 lb in the process , which I know I needed too.Anyway this is my story and what has worked for me, I’ve had very very bad days were all I did was cry because the pain was so intense , I thank God that I’m finally seeing progress and healing. I hope this helps you in some type of way
Aeric79

Postby Adameve » 27 Aug 2023, 17:50

Hi I’m new to the forum but can relate to many post been suffering with anal fissure at 6 o clock for over 12 years , had many Botox , polyp incision and had fistula opp . Been on laxido daily and dialtiazem for almost 6-7 years on and off and Repeatedly had the pain my stools have been thin since my last fistula opp 3 years ago the pain would just return BUT with the will of GOD I have had a major break through by using pelvic floor exercises together with probiotics this is the most important thing that you need and should do. The thing is that after Botox and any operation your anal sphincter and muscles are left weak and not as strong as usual so when you use dialtiazem and other ointments you’re just relaxing already weak muscle both internal and external . I started by squeezing my sphincter standing by the sink legs shoulder apart and squeeze for 5 seconds then release do this 10 times per session or as often as you can start at 5 seconds and then build up to 10-15 seconds try to breath whilst you do this . When your sitting which is what I do 5-8 hours a day at a desk try to sit near the edge of your seat with your legs closed and lift your legs and hold this also strengthens your muscles . No doctor or physician private or NHS advised me of this and whilst I cannot guarantee that this will be the only thing you do I have had 3 weeks pain free I’m not using any ointments just the occasional sitz bath ( bath filled to your to the belly button ) not a plastic sitz bath sitting on your toilet pan which I think makes it worse. My stools are starting to form perfectly and by breathing in where your stomach stretches out whilst BM’s is the best way to prevent trying to squeeze your sphincter as your stomach and pelvis does the pushing for you , now three weeks in I can confidently say this has been a life changer for me . Welcome to any questions and will try reply if I can I’m not a medical expert but I have had this condition for 12 years and I’m advising anyone on this group to try this procedure for a week and see if it helps I can actually feel my anus is stronger and the results are amazing . I felt so strongly about posting this if I had positive results as like most I have been searching for answers online and on various forums I hope and pray that someone is cured by what I have posted and to all those on here keep strong and keep going .
Adameve