Need advice on diet and questions about rectogesic

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Need advice on diet and questions about rectogesic

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 09 Dec 2010, 10:56

Psyllium husk is a fiber adder and can bulk up stool. By itself I'm not convinced it'll help with a fissure. It could make things worse if your stool only becomes bigger and not softer.
I have to admit that I don't understand why the doc would tell you not to use a stool softener (laxative). A good stool softener is critical for fissures.
As for the age thing, I'm a bit confused there too. I was 31 when I had my fissure and no doc ever expressed any concern over surgery. I eventually had it done and it worked out nicely. Lots of other young folks have had it too.
A lot of us were given suboptimal advice early on before figuring out what really worked for our fissures. Ultimately it's your body and your call, of course, but if what the doc told you to do isn't working, then at some point you have to question why, right?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 09 Dec 2010, 10:57

StevePain wrote:The consensus here in the UK is that people of certain ages are considered too young because of the risk of incontinence, but it's perfectly ok to have it if your older (like me), in other words, they don't care about older people becoming incontinent lol.

LOL damn. You UK'ers sure are blunt hahaha.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 09 Dec 2010, 11:06

LOL NG...
It's the best way.. hahaha!
Hope your doing ok NG, best wishes from across the pond Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Soreguy » 14 Dec 2010, 10:57

Today I got some Normacol Plus, it contains sterculia and frangula, a natural bulk forming fiber and a natural laxitive, this is what the Dr mentioned although he said I shouldnt need it, I dont know if I should be taking this or not.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby catnap » 01 Mar 2011, 19:42

Another reason I am not keen on retrogesic is I already suffer from the side effect symptoms without taking it, I get headaches and lightheadedness I think because I am boarderline Anemic.
Has any1 with Anemia used it? I heard its a contrandication.
[/quote]
Did you end up trying the rectrogesic? I've just picked up some but am scared to use -despite being in a lot of pain. I also suffer from headaches and lightheadness. I have low ferritin levels - which is not the same as anaemia, it's low iron storage - but I've not had it tested for 6 months or so and I think what if I'm lightheaded cus I've become anaemic? Agh.
catnap
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Bumbutt » 02 Mar 2011, 01:49

One thing I read was to not use the rectogesic directly after a bath, because your body will take it up too quickly and the side effects will be greater.
I can also recommend being careful if you use it in the morning before your bath... my baths used to be so hot that after I got out, between the bath and the rectogesic, I would just about pass out (this is my own fault though, for the very hot baths).
I had a headache for 30 minutes the first two days of using rectogesic. After that, no problem.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7