Anal stenosis & itching "cure"

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Anal stenosis & itching "cure"

Postby Pokey » 27 May 2019, 11:48

I have anal stenosis as a result of fissure surgery 10+years ago and itching is a common pain in the butt too. Ive tried various things for both and what seems to work best for me is the following. A diet with plenty of fruit, and other fiber, coffee and Miralax every other day. Ive tried Pranicure for the itching but it hasnt really solved the problem. Its hard to get really clean with toilet paper and TP irritates things regardless. So I bought a travel bidet. Its a small squeeze bottle that you fill with warm water and rinse the anal area with. It helps relax the muscles down there, gets things nice and clean and you only need TP to get dry. Itching is still a problem occasionally so I use a dab of calmoseptine as it has no alcohol in it like Pranicure. A dose or two of that and Im usually good for several days. THe recurrent fissure I had has completely healed. As long as I keep hydrated BMs are not usually a problem. If I get a larger, dry one I just have to relax, breath and take it slow and easy. Anyway just thought Id share what has worked best for me.
Cheers

Pokey aka Paul
Pokey
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Anal stenosis & itching "cure"

Postby Okaybum » 04 Jun 2019, 05:23

Thanks for sharing!
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8