Going the movicol (and diltiazem) route

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Going the movicol (and diltiazem) route

Postby Downthere » 24 Mar 2011, 06:41

Yes, the path of healing is very interesting, everyone who gets cured, should STAY here in the forum and tell his/her story of recovery.
Though you probably want to stop talking rectology and fissurescience when you are freed from this pest ... :-)
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby mk87 » 24 Mar 2011, 08:25

I'll be one of them that will stick around long enough to make some posts that explains the miracle of healing.
and it will happen ! :)
mk87
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Downthere » 24 Mar 2011, 08:30

Hope I can do so before you :-)
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Postby alpinestrawberry » 24 Mar 2011, 12:07

Good luck you guys! I believe it can happen. I was healed for four years and if I hadn't started to take my butt for granted, I probably would have stayed that way.
My advice....never, ever, ever, evereverever, overwipe with the toilet paper, even if you think your butt has gotten healed to the point of being made of steel again. That's what put me on the surgeon's table yesterday....one episode of wiping too much/too hard that happened about a year ago. I have never been the same since. Instead of one fissure, after that I had several. And it took forever and daily Miralax to get it under control.
I'm really not expecting the surgery to be a miracle, after all, you still have to heal on your own. The surgery just makes that easier to do, but I know it could take months, or up to a year, and it might even take another surgery to get where I want to be.
But if you can remember to be reeaaallly careful about your butts, you just might escape the knife!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Bumbutt » 25 Mar 2011, 01:43

Yes, mk, it seems to me that if it can heal after LIS, then it can also heal under the right conditions without LIS. But if I were you, I would also add the laxative.
I promise Alpine that I will try my best to not do what you did! (We should write an AF pledge!)
And I think Downthere, that you hit the nail on the head about why people don't stick around. When you're in the midst of it, you are thinking about nothing else except the pain in your butt. When it's gone, you want to "wipe" ( Image ) that memory away and live without thinking about all those lovely details revolving around the bathroom.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Downthere » 25 Mar 2011, 02:42

Yeah, Alpine, you just provided a good motto for this group:
"Don't take your butt for granted!" :-)
Downthere
Fibre Addict

Postby Soreguy » 12 Apr 2011, 12:37

An update.
I can poop now without movicol although with dilt before every BM. I still dont get the urge each day, I can go fine without an urge once a day to once every 2nd day.
When things were at their worst I cut down my BMs to once every 2nd day as damage control, oddly I found an increase to baseline pain when there was business to do even without the urge.
As I use the dilt I notice less and less tightness in the rectum, I can also not feel a cut there if I tense, and the pain after a BM is no longer present.
Although I can palpate what I believe to be scar tissue, and I know the fissure is not 100% healed, at the moment I am considering myself in a healing stage.
Although tightness still has a while to go before its normal.
On another note an internal hemroid did prolapse, I wonder if my bleeding over the past years was from the hemroids.
The diltiazem although now seemingly tolerable has actually produced one sneaky side effect. A feeling of insomnia by night time.
I get anxious and paranoid by night time in the same way I do if I havent slept in over 30 hours, although I have been getting 10 hours sleep per night, logically I have concluded it must be very poor quality.
I think I have to stop the Dilt and use movicol instead atleast for now. And I am going to book an apointment tomorrow with the CRS for a followup which I was suppose to do awhile ago.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Soreguy » 13 Apr 2011, 13:44

I am off the dilt for now until I see my CRS, using Vaseline before a BM which I am now attempting for every day instead of every second day.
Today I felt like I just got promoted to the big potty because my BM was okay without dilt although not perfect yet, if it wasnt for the side effects I would still be using it.
I should be okay as long as I dont strain, I know if I do its movicol time.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Postby mk87 » 15 Apr 2011, 14:53

Soreguy wrote:An update.
When things were at their worst I cut down my BMs to once every 2nd day as damage control, oddly I found an increase to baseline pain when there was business to do even without the urge.
As I use the dilt I notice less and less tightness in the rectum, I can also not feel a cut there if I tense, and the pain after a BM is no longer present.
Although I can palpate what I believe to be scar tissue, and I know the fissure is not 100% healed, at the moment I am considering myself in a healing stage.
Although tightness still has a while to go before its normal.

all seems very familiar, im at the same path.
mk87
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Soreguy » 23 May 2011, 21:03

Saw my crs today, we think my af has healed.
He banded two hemroids and for and hour afterwards I felt such a horrible debilitating dull pain and sensation of needing to go like the runs.
Im glad its going away. He says any tightness would be due to the hemroids.
I wish I could of seen the look on my face after he did the banding, it would of been a combination of fear and discomfort, definatly do not want to go through with that again.
Soreguy
Salt Bather