Fed up of pain!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fed up of pain!

Postby Kaytee » 27 Nov 2019, 15:08

Hey all,

So I just had botox for my fissures on Monday, but I feel like I'm being ignored. I broke my spine a few years ago and have no control over my bowels/bladder. I can't 'go' without straining, unless I wait til I soil myself.
They've given me fibrogel to soften my stools, but I still can't pass them without straining. It's nerve damage, I think, but they refuse to test me for it. Their next step is to ply me with laxatives, I've tried eXplaining numerous times they don't work for me, but again they won't listen. Laxatives which are supposed to start working in 12 hours take about 3 days to start and up to about 11 before I can get off the toilet. It's always agony and it never seems to clear anything.
I've been to a&e begging for an enema when I'm impacted, they scan me, agree I'm impacted, give me laxatives and discharge me.
I've tried suppossatries (? Sorry no idea how to spell that) and whilst they might clear what's in my lower bowel, I'm still full!

My belly has been killing in one place for the past few days, it usually passes or moved area, I think I'm impacted again and I don't know what to do.
Kaytee

Topics: 1

Re: Fed up of pain!

Postby North West Jen » 10 Dec 2019, 23:59

Hello! This sounds miserable! Have you tried miralax? How is the Botox working so far?
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Postby Kaytee » 11 Dec 2019, 18:07

Hey!

I ended up in a&e that night and they finally agreed to an enema. They didn't want to keep me in though, so they discharged me to do it myself at home. I've got a 'lax anus' apparently, (sounds great I know!) and it all fell out before it had a time to work. Cleared something the next day though, so it eased the pain!

I know this is going to sound weird, but I have to manually evacuate 90% of the time, regardless of whether my stools are soft or hard. I much prefer it when it's hard as it's so much less disgusting to take out. I know I have no right to moan about being impacted when I choose to be constipated, but there it is!
I used to have an irrigation system but that never worked either, so I stopped it a few years back. I just want to be able to sit on the toilet and my business to come out without having to stick my hand up there or be in agony haha.

Not concerned about the botox! I don't have too much feeling in my bum and thankfully it's only my belly that's been hurting!

Just realised I shoulda used a fake name hahaha, this is such a fun topic, sorry!
Kaytee

Postby Saratul » 11 Dec 2019, 23:24

Have you tried psyllium husk to control constipation? I’ve had an AF for 6 months and it heals but then tears again as soon as I stop taking psyllium. I’ve made it a goal to drink it every single day now. 1 tablespoon in some warm water (I usually microwave for 40 seconds)
Saratul

Postby Kaytee » 12 Dec 2019, 10:27

Hey,

I haven't heard of either of them! I'll have a look into them, thanks! :)
Kaytee

Postby hurtinend » 17 Dec 2019, 14:07

sorry you suffer

trust me get serious and find a routine to improve your regularity

I’m in chronic pain and take lots of meds including opiate pain relievers which are the most constipating thing there is.

Here is my routine to keep things moving:

Take these basics everyday:

1 dose Miralax\Restoralax (goes by different names)
with lots of water

1 cup raspberries ( just buy frozen and thaw)

1 tbsp coconut oil with lots of water

600 - 800 mg magnesium citrate powder with lots of water

1 salad of fresh greens and avocado

That routine has kept me going despite having IBS-C and spasm and tightness in rectal sphincter
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52