Botox experience and recovery

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Botox experience and recovery

Postby Pzgre » 29 Oct 2020, 12:10

I had a really good 7 years in between all 3 fissures,where I could eat whatever I wanted and honestly I never even thought of fissures.
It sucks that we miss so many opportunities because of this conditon.
I saw a crs in May...she wrote a prescription for Nifedipine and said if that doesnt work..lis.
She also said I wouldn't have any problems with incontinence .
However a dr. I saw in 2012 said he wouldn't recommend LIS as it could cause incontinence down the road when I'm older.
Hope you get some encouraging news at your next appt.
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Suffering2long » 04 Nov 2020, 01:39

Sending positive thoughts pzgre! I hope you heal without surgery :)

I had a follow up with the surgeon. I had a good week before seeing her and she confirmed that I am healing. She said :
- keep doing everything that I’ve been doing
- It will take 9 to 12 months to soften the scar tissue so I need to keep it closed for at least that long! That means strict diet, softeners and water
- If I have problems, I’ll be getting the flap surgery which she said will keep it closed for good unless I get constipated badly again and tear elsewhere.
- Apply heat to the area (heating pad or sitz bath)
- Keep using diltiazem (internally) until I see her in December
- The lumps I have are hemorroids that aren’t being held up anymore because of the loose muscle
- The incontinence will start to go away in a month she thinks. She was very apologetic about this
- I discussed stool type, she isn’t concerned if I have mushy or loose stool but a number 4 to 5 is the aim.
- So I’m not getting any more botox soon. Hopefully never if I can keep on this path. Diet is everything for me at the moment! I can’t go back to my old ways. I’m going to keep counting my fibre.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Suffering2long » 06 Nov 2020, 22:27

Well I lasted 10 days without pain or blood. Today I felt a pinch and sure enough there was a small amount of blood. I now have a mild burning pain. I’ve never been more frustrated in my life. I feel like I’m on a merry do round. I’m going to ring the surgeon office on Monday to get another appointment. I need to be very clear that this is going to keep happening until I get some sort of permanent solution. I have close to 5 years of experience with this. My life is on hold right now. It’s obviously not the muscle tearing it as the Botox is “active”. It’s the skin reopening time and time again. The only thing I can think of is covering the cut. She is totally against lis and so am I after my incontinence experience. Anyway just a rant. I’ll update again soon.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4