help :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: help :(

Postby jal » 31 Dec 2010, 16:32

whats this i hear about staying away from apples... lol i just ate one. they are high in fiber so?
jal
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2010, 21:54

Many people feel eating their veggies and fruit raw causes more pain. You could bake your apples to make them softer when they exit.

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2010, 21:57

PaulsPain wrote:Hey Dawn-
In my case it happened very fast. I had a fever that side lined me for a day with pain. But I couldn't feel a lump. Then the abscess slowly got larger and larger until it was obvious were it was located.
Tell you the truth, I am worried I am getting another one right now. I have a very tender area that started about a day ago. So I am watching my temp and pain. Always something.....

I'm so sorry Paul. I sure hope not!! Geezz , you need a break. This just isn't fair! Image

Postby jal » 01 Jan 2011, 06:51

looks like i wont get an appointment till tuesday. i wonder if itd be better to get botox now to promote healing before it becomes chronic.. did the doctors offer you it at the early stages or did they make you wait around?
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 01 Jan 2011, 22:02

Hey there Jal,
I'm not sure if they'll do botox before a fissure becomes chronic. I don't think so though. Many fissures will heal on there on and I believe botox and lis are for when fissures become chronic.

Postby jal » 04 Jan 2011, 16:39

hm okay, well i did manage to get a doctors appointment on saturday, and am happy to say i was given rectogesic. it really helped with the spasms and has reduced pressure down there. it seemed to feel better, well until i had bm really. anyway how are you?
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2011, 20:34

What did the doctor say about the bump?
That's great that you got the ointment! Stick with the warm baths and diet. Hopefully you will be able to heal yours and don't forget it will take awhile to heal the fissure so don't stop your regimen just because you feel better. I made that mistake many times with my fissure. Had I known what I know now when mine was acute, I would have stuck with the diet and everything much longer...
I'm doing great, thanks for asking:)

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2011, 20:36

Psss, it sometimes takes the ointment a few weeks to really kick in... Hopefully bm's will become more comfortable soon.

Postby jal » 05 Jan 2011, 15:59

well it has kicked in and has sorta got rid of the constant pain i was in. although i still have the spasms and stuff from time to time... and the movicol has helped!!! my bm today was the first comfortable one i have had in 3 weeks!! this thing is taking so long to heal though!!! i know its still there and just really thought it'd be gone by now :/ i think that bump may be a skin tag.. although he didnt say what it was, he did say it looked healthy. it was an emergency appointment on new years day tho!! so i will have it all looked over again. did you find walking around aggravated yours? luckily i got this at the start of the christmas holiday so ive been lying around for 3 weeks watching tv.. this fissure hasnt been good for my social life lol. do you think sexual intercourse would worsen it in any way? anyway tomorrow is my first day back at college.. wish me luck!!! hopefully this wont make sitting in a classroom even worse that usual. tc
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2011, 20:30

Hey jal,
Good to hear the movicol's working. Believe me I know what it's like waiting on a fissure to heal. I waited 8 months and it never happened. You have a really good chance of making this happen since you already have the ointment, stool softener and are aware of the diet while your still in the acute phase.
I went through all kinds of different phases with my fissure. Once the burning was so bad, I could hardly stand to walk or sit, and then I had the spasms which also kept me from doing much at all the whole time. They were definitely worse in the beginning but never went away.
I'm not sure about sex. I just rarely had it and didn't notice it making anything worse...
Hopefully you will be able to set through class!!
I sure hope you beat this! You really have a good shot.
Take care:)