help :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

help :(

Postby jal » 30 Dec 2010, 19:06

so ive had my fissure for about 2 weeks now and it hurts constantly. even if i havent had bm for 2 days! there seems to be some swelling or a lump on my anus and there is blood even when i havent had bowel movement. im so worried and havent been able to focus on studying for exams i have soon and have been avoiding doing anything. my poo is soft but it seems even if its a small one it hurts loads still :( so basically theres itching, pain, blood, a lump and im about ready to give up. im considering a kinda liquid diet.. maybe with veggies and fruit too. i just dont know what to do, however soft or thin they are it still hurts.. and for the whole day at that. i cant even walk. but its nearly new years and it would be very hard to get a doctors appointment and i dont want one anyway. it seems they can do nothing other than surgery and botox from what i have read. i was just wondering if this constant pain was normal. and if bleeding is normal to occur when not undegoing bowel movement. thanks alot for reading this post and i hope the news i recieve wont be too bad :(
jal
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: help :(

Postby Guest » 30 Dec 2010, 21:25

Hey there,
I'm not sure but it sounds like you may have a hem. If you've only had your fissure a couple of weeks then I'd bet the blood and bump that you feel even when you're not having a bm could be a hem.
If you see a doctor then you may be able to get some of the ointments that are prescribed for fissures like nitroglycerin or diltiazem, etc...
If you can treat your fissure while it's still acute then you have a better chance of healing it without surgery later on.
There's some really good tips on here for diet and stool softeners and such that are really crucial to start right away so that you can heal this before it becomes chronic.
My fissure only bled when I had BM's but I think they can bleed any time, but the bump sound like a hem. A fissure wouldn't develop a bump as early as two weeks to my knowledge.

Postby jal » 31 Dec 2010, 03:37

oh thanks for your time. i was also thinking i may be having constant sphincter spasms, since it even hurts to have flatuence and is also hard to have. im not sure about it being a hem since the bump looks a section of my anus which is swollen and red.. i was thinking maybe it developed due to infection or something and that quite worries me. do the ointments the doctor can prescribe actually help with healing? because i dont drive or anything and would really prefer to heal without seeing one. but thanks so much for the speady response.. i guess the fissure community develop lots of compassion
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby jal » 31 Dec 2010, 07:33

also if it still hurts really badly when you have bm, does it mean the fissure isnt healing?
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby pinky » 31 Dec 2010, 09:31

Hi,
Sorry you are hurting.You need to see a doctor first.Surgery is always the last option and u can try ointments first.
Fissure takes 6-12 weeks to heal depending on a lot of factors.Are you taking any stool softeners?
keep ur BMS as soft as possible,sitz bath,fibre diet and please see a doctor soon.
Good luck
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby jal » 31 Dec 2010, 09:48

i have tried anusol and am taking stool softners, fibre etc. after the first week i felt mostly better.. but then after christmas it went worse :( is the fissure not healing if it hurts so bad? and are there any ointments in particular that i should ask for?
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2010, 10:14

Hey Jal,
I'm no expert by any means. I'm just guessing but I wouldn't think a fissure could be infected after having it for 2 weeks, and I'm really not sure if a skin tag would develop so soon since they usually develop once a fissure is chronic- which would be older than 6 weeks.
The ointments they prescribe do promote blood flow and help to relax anal resting pressure which helps to heal a fissure along with the baths and diet. These ointments have the best results with fissures before they become chronic. I used diltiazem. It's a compound w/ 2% diltiazem, some others have used nitroglycerin and nifedepine( not sure about spelling). No doubt you are probably having spasms. Mine were the worst in the beginning.... Take care and if you have any more questions, were here.

Postby jal » 31 Dec 2010, 10:23

the infection sounds very likely. i woke up with a temperature and feel dizzy at times.. its new years tomorrow and a bank holiday on monday so i probably wont get an appointment with a doctor before tuesday. i was wondering if you knew an infection there was very serious and needs immediate attention? or can i leave it for a couple of days? god i can not imagine having this for much longer, i dont know how some of the people on this site cope for so long.
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby jal » 31 Dec 2010, 10:37

and i have no pus or anything.. would you suggest trying to have bm daily?
jal
Fibre Addict

Postby PaulsPain » 31 Dec 2010, 11:32

If you have temperature and are dizzy - this is a pretty good indication of an infection assuming you are not sick with something else - cold, flu, etc. Nothing to play around with. I would try to get a hold of somebody today. I am not sure where you are located.... You mention exams. Is there a student health service available to you?

The bump you are feeling could be an abscess that has formed. They are serious and need to be dealt with immediately to prevent further complications such as sepsis or a fistula forming.
Sorry to sound a little alarming. I have had an abscess. I had a low grade fever (99-100 F), felt terrible, fatigued, etc. I had mine drained surgically in Sept.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4