5 months post-op, blood on the TP

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 5 months post-op, blood on the TP

Postby StevePain » 07 Feb 2011, 03:27

Well am off to the docs this morning, see if I can shed some light on what and where this pain is coming from, I will be asking for more Ibuprofen and some fresh Diltiazem as well, hopefully they will see me through until I get to see my CRS.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bumbutt » 07 Feb 2011, 04:28

Great Steve - I'm glad to hear you can get into the doctors. Tell us how it went.
I'm so sorry if I made you think about a horror story - I hadn't read all of juney's posts - just some of them. I'm a dork sometimes (do they have an emoticon for that one? Nope - not for how dorky I feel).
Your picture/message at the end of your post made me laugh.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 07 Feb 2011, 06:11

Steve,
Hope you have a good doc visit today.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 07 Feb 2011, 11:44

Quick update,
Have been to the docs, aired my concerns about the pain (inflammation and burning), it wasn't my usual DR (typical), nevertheless I let her examine me by means of the old finger in the ass, thankfully she only had small fingers, surprisingly it wasn't that painful and I was told that there were no hemmorhoids and no signs of infection or a fresh fissure, infact it looks quite good down there, apparently the pain I'm feeling is nerve pain as the little fibres knit back together at the surgical site, the doc couldn't give me a timescale as to when things would feel somewhat normal again (no surprise there) and that I wouldn't need to see my consultant CRS over this as it wasn't serious enough although it seems serious to me, I guess I'm just paranoid about this thing starting all over again!! Anyway I was given a prescription for Scheriproct suppositories which I've used before about 5 years ago when my hemmies were on a mission, they are good for reducing inflammation so I'll use them if I absolutely need to b/c I don't want to be reliant and thin the skin out, I'm also taking Ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day hoping this will help.
In summary, it looks like I'm a very slow healer and this thing is gonna take a long time to get right, one can never underestimate how long the recovery will be regardless of what your CRS tells you, I'll never believe what they tell you - ever.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Feb 2011, 23:21

Hey Steve, I just got caught up on this thread and am sorry that you're still progressing and then regressing :( Can they give you anything else for the nerve pain? I get occasional flares of nerve pain (from a harmless chronic pain condition I've had for years) and take Neurontin (gabapentin) when it happens. It's somewhat sedating, and doesn't do much for muscular pain, but does a pretty good job of shutting down "electric-like" nerve pain (assuming you're feeling something like that). Not constipating (at least not for me) either. Just something I figured I'd throw out there, since personally ibuprofen never did much for my ass related pain...
BTW are you still taking Movicol? I recall that the UK dose of Movicol is around 13 or 14 grams, whereas the USA dose is 17 grams. What about upping the dose to 17 grams daily to match us constipating food lovin' Yankees to see if that makes any difference? :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Bumbutt » 08 Feb 2011, 03:10

Sounds like a bit of a relief to have gone to the doctor and get some explanation for what you're feeling. If this cut were outside somewhere where we could see it, we would have more of a clue! As it is, we're often in the dark... Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?